Yellow Bullet Forums banner

EFI With no IC

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  rick90lx 
#1 ·
I see some people don't run an IC with EFI and I was thinking of doing this , will I have problems and what kind of problems will I have or can it be done with no problems

Thanks Mike

#3 ·
It depends on power goals, fuel type, meth/water injection yes/no etc. More details needed on combo and goals.

#4 ·
- 800-1100hp
- pump gas
- Meth/water inj. Yes
-BB Dodge 512ci stroker
- street drivin 2 maybe 3 times a week to a cruz nite
- track time maybe once a year
- auto trans

If you need more let me know

Thanks Mike

#11 ·
We have run up to 14psi on a SI trim Vortec SC and straight methanol injection, 9.6CR, forged piston LS1 WITH A2A IC. Made 700hp with no methanol and 18-20* timing. I would really consider E85 if possible for those hp goals. I think it would be on the ragged edge of total destruction if there was one little hiccup on the methanolmethanol and you are done. I think it would also take more than one nozzle as well.

#12 ·
You're just leaving power on the table omitting the aftercooler. Like everyone else says, you're going to be walking a fine line as well. When you get greedy (and you will), there will be no where to go except up in smoke. Make plans for it, and leave yourself some headroom.

#13 · (Edited)
yes, its easily doable and I have done this with a few cars. My brothers car is non-IC 93 pump gas single turbo EFI set up. Its been 135 in the 1/4 with a mix of 110 & 93.

My car was a 110 octane non-IC single turbo windsor for 3 years....no issues. went 142 in the 1/4 on 17's.

Eventually I ended up switching to E85 and haven't looked backed.

The IC is not necessary, but you need to keep timing in check. In the end you will make the most power with a good IC...but you will need to factor heat soak.

It depends on what you want. I didn't want the extra weight/obstuction and was willing to run conservative.

#14 ·
Im going to run 5psi on the street and if I want to play I will do a 110 or 112 mix to be safe .

My AIS has 3 nozzle's any recomendations on were to put the nozzle's.

I was thinking of having the meth come on at 8psi to be safe.

What do you guy's think

Thanks for all the info so far great stuff

Mike

#15 ·
I ran an 88mm S400 non-intercooled on a 454 for a while at 11psi and in 90-100 degree days it would only run 120-130 intake temps with 50/50 water/alc injection. On low boost like that if you inject enough methanol you'll take most of the heat out. My concern is if it failed and you're engine is right on the edge you'd be in trouble. I have another car with an intercooler and run a small amount of water/alc injection and had the relay fail one day and not spray.

If you're only going to run 5-8psi on the street then pretend like its an old roots blower and tune accordingly (low timing).

#26 · (Edited)
Easily doable but some systems seem to work better than others. My car is non intercooled and I have a very conservative tune it. I run around at 10psi, no Intercooler with 93 octane and my IAT's last night were in the 140's. Face it, your not going to be in boost much on the street. My car makes 10 pounds quickly and when it hits you need out of the gas and quick. Your car will be even more powerful with all those cubic inches. If you can't put it on E85, put the meth on it and see what kind of IAT's you have and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.