Yellow Bullet Forums banner

SB Ford headgasket question

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  turbo vert 
#1 · (Edited)
Im having issues with #5 cylinder in my car. 331 twin67mm turbos, bigstuff3, with sce titan copper headgaskets.

Question is what are you SB Ford blower or turbo guys using for gaskets?

9:1 compression, E98 and 25lbs of boost, 20degrees of timing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys
:confused:

#2 ·
My combo is N/A but built for a decent hit of Nitrous 300+ shot. Cometic MLS here. call them, Im sure they will work fine for you.

#4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys! I keep lifting the head i think. It pushes the gaskets out the bottom and into the valley.
I've even pulled 2 degrees of timing out of that hole. I don't have my block or head machined for the o ring but these titans have them built in. Sick of pulling the heads off my pile.

#7 ·
FEL PRO 1133 ml gskt. I just had the same prob. But I was running 93 octain with 18lbs of boost and destroyed a head. So it is true. The head is the weak link NOW. They are Black and VERY STICKY. They seal up GREAT.

#12 ·
How thick are these fel -1133? Just says they are 4.100 bore. No compressed thickness. Im at 9.2:1 with a. 051 and 9.0:1 with a. 060.

#9 ·
Do you have the larger head bolts/studs? The 302 base blocks are usually tapped for the 302 size head bolts (7/16ths?) instead of 351W size head bolts (1/2", I think). Aftermarket heads are already drilled for the larger bolts and the blocks can be drilled/tapped to the larger size

#11 ·
I have a dart block with 1/2 in studs. Every time i pull it apart it is the same thing. Gasket goes from round to egg shaped. At least the price for scrap copper is high. LOL. No signs of detonation or anything. I think its just cylinder pressure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.