Yellow Bullet Forums banner

WEIRD HEAD DESIGNS.....SOME WORKED SOME DIDN'T

89K views 233 replies 125 participants last post by  Erik-427 
#1 ·
HOW BOUT THESE 3 VALVE SBC HEADS FROM BG.......POST UP SOME UNIQUE HEAD DESIGNS!

See less See more
#141 ·
I got some rare Feuling 4V Harley race heads im going to fit on my bikes too...

#142 ·
one thing i havent seen yet, most likely not possible to make, but have the valves shaped to fill most of the head, not just round valves. it would require 2 valve stems per valve to keep it from rotating. i cant see why its not possible with all the machining technology these days.

#148 ·
Gurney eagle heads, I know its based on a SBF i think around 260" but some of the info say's as small as 220 inches. But not the same bore and stroke as the 221 or the 260 for engines. I think these are referred to as the Gurney Westlake, i know later they split and had the Gurney Eagle heads and the Westlake heads were their own thing. but they could be used either way, exhaust on the outside or the between as in the pic.

#156 ·
Fords own 5.0 32 valve sbf pushrod heads at early 90's trade show just before the new modular engine platform came out.

and repost of my old 32 valve Dominion sbf pushrod heads which were modeled on the old Weslake 32V pushrod head design.

#157 · (Edited)
#159 ·
#160 ·
Fords old 427 Calliope prototype multi valve pushrod head of the 60's.

GM's 90's prototype multi valve pushrod head ment for mass production.

#161 ·
im working on something at the moment.. ive started my patent process so i dont mind sharing some..

no valves, no valve springs, no rockers, nothing. A solid shaft that is timed with the crankshaft. 4" timing gear driving the valve shaft, 2" gear on crank.. basically an old conventional timing set. Direct Injection so detonation wont be an issue. Just some random shit i drew up.. Its far more in depth than these drawing are.. but these are the images i started with one night off an idea.. drew them up on Paint.. lol

Im not looking to make more hp, or be fast, or anything.. Really just kinda want to make it run for now. I havent found anything doing everything involved yet.. but feel free to point me in the direction of anything similar if you know of something.

#164 ·
#166 ·
Trick 32 valve Covalt hemi head kit.

#167 · (Edited)
DB industrys Trick multi valve hemi head, This head was Outlawed by nhra because the 2 valve hemi's could NOT make the same power and NOT keep up to this multi valve head.

http://dbhardparts.com/heads.html

diffrent version

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.