Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Club Car golf cart fuel delivery problems HELP

33K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ctjstr 
#1 ·
I have a 98 carryall Club Car and it has been having some trouble getting fuel to the carb. I replaced the fuel pump and lines and fuel filters. I also replaced the oil and filter. I dont know why the fuel pump just will not provide the correct amount fuel. I feel it has something to do with this vaccum or what ever you want to call it from the engine. I towed my car at the track for years and it has progressivley gotten worse. Thanks for any help..:smt093

#7 ·
COMP670 I just went out in the shop and unscrewed the pick-up tube and took it apart. (I didnt know you could unscrew it)And found a big peice of cardboard like debris.. Thanks Guys I am glad I posted this problem. I am goiing to drain and fill tank with fresh and clean fuel...THANKS YB!!!:party

#8 ·
COMP670 I just went out in the shop and unscrewed the pick-up tube and took it apart. (I didnt know you could unscrew it)And found a big peice of cardboard like debris.. Thanks Guys I am glad I posted this problem. I am goiing to drain and fill tank with fresh and clean fuel...THANKS YB
Glad you found the problem. Make sure to clean the tank out good. Chances are there's more in trash in it.

#10 ·
Does the fuel pump on that thing look like an aluminum square with two mounting tabs and three lines going to it. Should say Mikuni on it. If it does and ever quits, don't buy one. The golfcart places will say you have to buy another one but that's BS. They are rebuildable but the kit is not easy to find. I have a connection to get the kits and they are cheap. Those pumps are about $65-$75 for a lawnmower but the golfcart shop will likely say much more than that. The kits are about $12 and there's nothing to rebuilding it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.