Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Is the verdict correct in your opinion & why

Treyvon/Zimmerman Did The Jury Get It Right

9K views 158 replies 66 participants last post by  275RADIAL 
#1 ·
Yes or No & why.

#6 ·
No. Not because of any race issues, but imagine what the world would be like if there were no consequences for killing someone who attacked you without a weapon.
Imagine you get in a fight in a bar, you start winning the fight and get on top, the other guy pulls a gun, he knows he cant go to jail as you are beating on him, he shoots you dead, no consequences.
I dont think this Zimmerman dude should have been given a life sentence for murder, but he went too far and killed an unarmed guy, he should face some sort of punishment otherwise we may as well just go back to the same basic rules as the wild west, with people shooting anyone who looks at them sideways.

#19 ·
Actually, you have it backwards. It wasn't proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman committed murder or manslaughter. The burden of proof was on the prosecution, not the defense. The prosecution didn't make their case.

I doubt that Zimmerman would have even thought about getting out if his car, if He hadn't been carrying a gun. It was obvious that He couldn't talk himself out of trouble, and He couldn't handle himself physically. Either way, it doesn't really matter now.

#15 ·
You already hit it. ;)

#29 ·
I don't know why people keep overlooking this and as one person said if he didnt have a gun Zim would've stayed in the truck or car. I use to carry a gun until I thought one day if I pulled this gun on someone I better use it because if not this person going to really kick my ass if I don't shoot or he could have a gun and shoot back. If I don't pull it out there might not be any trouble, we both go home or either go to jail. I wonder what really happen that night. I have my thoughts what happen and it's nothing like what everyone said

#37 ·
You Should get you facts straight before you speak. Not true , Also he never confronted Tryvon He lost sight of him and started heading back to his car that's when Tryvon confronted him and proceeded to start beating him, Following someone is not provoking them also he wasn't just walking down the sie walk he was walking up close to the houses that why Zimmerman started following him Guess you missed some of those facts.

#17 ·
I am a believer in the law that we as people vote on and create! I think George did something wrong by getting out of his car and following him when they told him not to but I dont think he broke the law and I absolutely think he was defending himself......when Treyvon was on the phone with Jeantel and he said a creepy ass ******* was following him ,she probably told him to kick his ass and thought he was gonna be mister baddass......only problem was he didnt have a gun! You never know who is carrying a gun....

#23 ·
The dispatcher telling him not to follow is no different than me telling him not to follow. I have the same authority over him as the dispatcher. It means nothing. Jury got it right....for once.

#32 ·
Wait till Martin's girl finally tells the whole truth..... I believe she's the one who provoked Martin to go beat up the ******* that's why she didn't go to the funeral or wanted to get involved

#38 ·
Simple case of self defense, and civil rights violations. they really violated Zimmerman's rights.

#62 ·
If people could respond without the word ****** it might go a long way in showing people that it was about self defense and not race. I think zimmerman was innocent , not because of the fact that he is half white but because of the evidence. If people continue to call him a ****** or say other racial stuff then the powers that be will continue to believe its a hate crime and keep going after Zimmerman.

#77 · (Edited)
This is without equivocation the right verdict. For all that do not agree, you are using emotion to decide this case. Evidence is what we have to verify stories, and now we know the facts. (the FACTS are not racist or emotional, like the media, and the protestors)

Your personal opinions are just that, opinions, and that is fine you feel that way, but if you watched every minute of this trial as I and many others did, the verdict that was given is the only possible CORRECT VERDICT BASED ON THE FACTS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.