All Motor Rules for 2010?????

20K views 247 replies 52 participants last post by  Dr. Detroit 
#1 ·
Anything gonna change??????

#2 ·
i hope weight break for stock suspenion powerglide..and a red firebirds:p

#5 ·
Not sure yet????

I want to run NMRA/NMCA but we tore up lot of stuff from wheelstands...it doesn't look like they will ever allow wheelie bars so i will need more testing to figure stuff out.

Just hoping Milan will adapt a wheelie bar rule so I can run there next year. It's close and a great series.

Right now... Looks like OSCA Pro Stock and 3 or 4 Ram races.

But I may see you @ Bradenton :)

#4 ·
Baxter posted "Suggestions Wanted" on the Milan site.
I submitted the following:
1. Add Wheelie Bars - weight penalty
2. Tunnel Rams - add weight penalty (the "cast intake" is being abused IMO)
3. Modify Tire Section to read something like the following:
29.5x10.5 maximum (no w's)
30x9 Allowed
Define a tire size for Drag Radials, rather than state "equilvilant" (like 275/60 and 315/60 only allowed)

But I am just a spectator...LOL

#6 ·
3. Modify Tire Section to read something like the following:
29.5x10.5 maximum (no w's)
30x9 Allowed
Define a tire size for Drag Radials, rather than state "equilvilant" (like 275/60 and 315/60 only allowed)
315/60 D/R's in All motor? I would think the 295/65 would be a closer match. Even then, I would think most guys with an automatic trans end up on the radial by the end of the season.

#10 ·
I misquoted the current rules..... Here is how its worded today.
"Maximum Tire 29.5 x 10.5 (NO W's allowed) Drag Radials are OK they must not be larger than spec slick"

The bolded part is what I think needs to be defined (ie. tire size)
Yes, it would be a good clarification, but what would it say? If you go by M/T specs the 295/65 is 30x10.9(tread), which would not be legal by the existing wording IMO.

The next largest tire is a 275/60 (28x9.5 at the tread) which is probably not going to win to many converts compared to a 29.5" slick.

So the question is, should a 295/65 be legal in A/M???

#11 ·
If you make the MAXIMUM tire size somewhat generic, that is a size that will capture ALL of the tires you want in the class and keeps the racers from either being excluded by a technicality i.e. 9 x 30. Something like this seems to work ok? :

TIRES–REAR: Street type or racing slicks required. Maximum actual measured tire size is as follows: Actual measured tread of tire is limited to 10.75 inches by 30.5 inches tall. Tire width will be measured by a “go-no go” gauge. Tire width and height will be measured after conclusion of run at scale area. Tire tread may not extend outside fenders.
5.1a) The following radial tires are acceptable for use in Pro Stock:
• BFGoodrich Drag Radial 275/50/15, 275/60/15, 325/50/15
• Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 275/60/15, 275/50/15, 325/50/15
• Nitto NT555R Drag Radial 275/50/15, 275/60/15
The 295/65/15 & 315/60/15 are prohibited tire sizes.

#13 ·
I say no weight penalties for anything.

Wheelie bars = free
Sheetmetal intakes = free
4 links = free
Forward scoops = free

Cast intakes? Stupid rule for pretty much an outlaw class. That stuff costs more money than a sheet intake... sheetmetal intake, let her eat.

This class cannot be policed with major engine rules, major chassis rules.... and it will pretty much screw up a good thing by injecting a few strict rules on top of an outlaw class.

LET HER EAT. You have a small block and a big block within a few hundys.... If you can't keep up, WORK ON IT. I'll be working hard next year on my junk.... and it will be an underdog.

#19 ·
allow bars and I will race.........no bars no race......done tearing shit up.

#142 ·
Perhaps if you realised that I tried to prevent you from being hurt/killed when that bike was dumping fuel all over the back tire and said you were sorry for being an ass without your ignorant justification then I would not "hate" on you. I really dont hate you, just think you are an egotistical ass.
No, you don't THINK. This gives you something to do as I. I really like how you embellish your "story" and it continues to grow bigger & bigger every time you tell it, unlike you.............

#145 ·
No, you don't THINK. This gives you something to do as I. I really like how you embellish your "story" and it continues to grow bigger & bigger every time you tell it, unlike you.............
No embelishing on My part. Stupid is as stupid does and you looked down at that fuel leaking from the float bowl of the carbs and waved me off and continued to stage and blast down the track.

You are also wrong on me getting bigger & bigger, doctor said i gained 4 lbs from My previous visit.

I let your igorance "die" last time I gave you shit about it, you woke the issue back up with your post on this thread. Once an egotistical ass always an egotistical ass.

#33 ·
I am going to try to be out next year as well. First timer. Would be nice if bars were allowed I would feel better that my junk wouldn't be tore up after one event. I don't have the cool digtal 7 box that allow timing to be pulled out so my car gets everything right out of the gate. Put a weight penalty on wheelie bars so people can decied if they want the weight or not. Just my two cents. Whatever happens its one of my favorite class @ Milan.

#34 ·
Hope Baxter chimes in soon, waiting to decide what engine combo to run...

#35 ·
You will have another new car next year as I will be ready to go.

Testing went well and I should be able to hold my own. I hope...

The intake thing is funny.
It cost me more to have my cast intake done than it would have to have VED build me a sheet metal. Go figure....

Dump the weight penalty for 4 links.... There thats my rule....

#37 ·
The intake thing is funny.
It cost me more to have my cast intake done than it would have to have VED build me a sheet metal. Go figure....
The intake thing is a no-win situation it seems. Sheetmetal Intakes aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but having a one off cast intake made is crazy expensive. What on the surface appears to be a rule to control cost (and performance) has people going to extremes to meet the rule while maximizing performance.

Even if you add "Commercially Available . . ." to the cast intake rule, you will still have guys sectioning a commercial intake to improve flow and relocate ports.

What do people think of this?

Commercially available cast intake with NO MODIFICATIONS allowed except port matching up to 2" from head mating surface on inside of intake only.

Of course this basically outlaws any exotic head where a cast intake isn't available.

#48 ·
I actually like CU's comment about let'r eat!!

I think the rules are pretty sound now, and should either stay the same......or make slight modifications.

Tire Size: Just needs clarification. Allow the 30x9, and call out the drag radial sizes allowed. Then tech can simply read the sidewall.

Wheelie Bars: Allow them or not. Only reason why I am "for" them is because of the cars getting cracked up. This one will be up to Milan. I think if the racers vote, it will be a "no".

Intake Manifold: Theres basically 3 choices in my opinion.
1. Leave as is. More and more will move towards tunnel rams and/or one off cast pieces.
2. Allow Sheetmetal Intakes and be done with addressing this every year. One or two carburators, I dont care. However, if one carb is called out, they need to be prepared for "one throttle body"......that has many bores.
3. Add weight to the "tunnel ram" manifolds for parity. I think it was implied when the rules were written that "cast single" intakes meant a crab style conventional intake. I think 25-50lbs is fair, if they choose this route.

My guess is Khoury would benefit most from an allowance of sheetmetal intakes, especially if they go all out and up it to dual carbs. Others will definately pick up as well.....probably see some 8.0's next year. It may kill the class. Theres still alot of dedicated 9teen-8.80 cars that are there every month.

And theres something to be said for: "If it ain't broke, dont fix it".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.