Yellow Bullet Forums banner

All Motor Rules for 2010?????

20K views 247 replies 52 participants last post by  Dr. Detroit 
#1 ·
Anything gonna change??????

#102 ·
im thinking about refig my combo heads,intake,cam.ect.

#107 ·
i think any black car running should have 200lbs added you no who you are ^^^^lol

#109 ·
So should I assume that Baxter isnt going to change anything and we are here wasting time suggesting things.

How about we bring up sheet metal intakes again... Whos for it......lol....

I would like to see the rules finalized so i can screw the engine back together and be ready to go.

Jrussell... We can be at the back of the pack together. Just think we can have beer before the rest of them....

#117 ·
no one ever notice i run a 33 10.5w on my car:)

#120 ·
How about these for rules

Any intake
fuel injection and two carbs
wheelie bars no weight added
Base weight only 2900 small block 3300 big block
29.5 x10.5 stamped on tire
any hood scoops no weight
any suspension no weight
any fuel
LET THEM EAT!!!!!!

Plain and simple....

we'll see some sevens then.....

#123 ·
Hey Wang. Just chillin and waiting to see what"ll stay the same or be new for next year. Whatever they come up with I'll be ready. I'm finally zeroing in on the clutch. I went .70s at 157 at ths stick shift race with 1.27 60'. So I still have a little more work to do. My biggest problem this season was my work schedule. Hopefully my scheduling will be beter next year.

#132 ·
I went to the track tonight and got to talk with Chris, Bill, and Jerry in the tower. First off Chris said he has been very busy and would like to thank those that took time to fill out the questionaire that he passed out at the last heads up race.

Much was discussed about wheelie bars, tires, intake manifolds and possible cubic inch limits for small and big blocks and maybe the possibility of weight breaks for certain head design. As far as wheelie bars are concerned, it still is not real popular with the track staff. But due to the fact that most racers in the class seem to want them, they are willing to take that into consideration with a maximum overall length and spring loaded only with a possibility of a minimum heighth from the ground.

As far as tires are concerned, they are leaning towards having a list of spec tires that will be allowed. (ie: M/T 29.5 x 10.5, Goodyear 30 x 10.5, and possibly the Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5.) The drag radial 275 tire was also discussed as being a possibility. All of these tires would be listed by part number in the rules and not by size. (Example: A Hooiser tire #18193 would be legal, but a Hooiser #18192 would not be.) There still is the possibility of having only one spec tire which would most likely be the M/T 29.5 x 10.5 non W.

As far as the other stuff is concerned it is all way up in the air and needs to be discussed. Chris has asked me to ask anyone who races in the class to please take the time and email their thoughts and that would be greatly appreciated. He is hoping to have all the rules for the class in place by Thanksgiving or the end of November at the latest. Chris' email address is cbaxter@milandragway.com

I hope this information helps everyone.

Bob Harvey
All Motor 391

#133 ·
Thank you Mr Harvey

#140 ·
That is a very true statement.

On the flip side... it would be nice for the fans to see a whole race that is not ending at 2 in the morning because of oil downs and crashes.
True, it would be nice to finish the race before 2am, although I dont think you can attribute all of the crashes and oil downs to wheel stands that went bad.

I think the Friday Night Heads Up race, and that style racing, is one of the best things that has happened to drag racing and if becomes the same old boaring style racing like bracket racing then it will die. Somehow the excitement,for the fans, has to stay in it: yet still be safe.

#150 ·
Well rick, that is just it... I am making an effort to pull myself from my own desires.... and look at the class from the outside.

First post, GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE.... last post, took a step back and thought about things.

If we are not allowed to think, consider and reconsider you might as well hang it up.

And since these posts are in order of time, and date I would assume your choice would be my last post. ;)

#154 ·
Well rick, that is just it... I am making an effort to pull myself from my own desires.... and look at the class from the outside.

First post, GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE.... last post, took a step back and thought about things.

If we are not allowed to think, consider and reconsider you might as well hang it up.

And since these posts are in order of time, and date I would assume your choice would be my last post. ;)
My "personal preference" is LET'r EAT. As a fan of the class, I think it would be cool as hell to watch and see how fast these guys can actually go.

As I "think", things like wheelie bars make some sense to "me".....however, NOT the opinion of the team which I am a part of. "I" dont want to see anymore cars torn up or wrecked.

I know what you mean about stepping back and seeing whats best for the "class". I've tried to do that, without bias, in the many many posts I've made on this topic. For instance, I've been pushing/emailing/whatever to allow the 30x9 tire........which everyone knows I was the one that brought it up in the first place, which got Scott Williams removed (which was NOT my intension). Ever since, I have been trying to get a rule change (my original point, that backfired). Scotts car is good for the class and he is a good competitor.....AND, there are others that want to run that tire. Plus, I would like to see a few on Radials.....but I dont think a 275 is going to cut it.

#158 ·
The rules seem fine to me. Too many rules and it seems the car count will suffer. After wheel standing at my first race in June and killing parts on a car I just finished, I thought I would like to see wheelie bars added to the rules. However, after seeing some of those proposed rules in earlier posts, it seems like it would be easier to just leave things alone.

I don't have a lot of experience in this style of racing, so I'm not quite sure why wheelie bars will kill the class. It's not like there's a ton of huge wheelies every round anyways. Seems like the crowds just want to see fast cars with close finishes. I think the class already has thatt?

#161 ·
DONT MESS WITH THESE RULES, this is a healthy class and most of these rules proposed will only kill it.has anyone looked at the car counts last year and seen a need to change the rules to get more cars to come and race?? i believe the smallest field we had last year was 13 or 14 with most fridays being 16 cars. yeah, the field isnt seperated by hundreths or even tenths but full fields non the less. i started off in the stands on fridays watching this class and as a broke ass bracket racer decided to join the fun. i can tell you as a spectator the 2 classes i always make sure i am in the stands for is drag radial and all motor, 2 classes with at least ONE thing in common. as soon as the fans go away and the racers at the lower end of the money scale quit showing up, poof, we will be all done here. i, like a few others on here, built my car just so i could run milan heads up fridays. i have no desire to bracket race my car on a regular basis and this is a lot cheaper than the next "little guy" heads up option for me, osca prostock, as far as travel expenses and missed work, which will be the closest thing left if this milan thing gets ruined.

#162 ·
Couldn't have said it better myself. Loosen the engine rules or add
bars and you will effectively chase the bottom half of the field out.
If you want car counts like an NMCA Pro Stock field, that's how you
get there. I'll come out and line up against a car that's .5 quicker
if there's a possibility he won't get down the track clean. If it gets
to easy, what would be the point? I say leave this healthy and growing class alone.

#163 ·
eric well said......... let wheelie bars in with 50 to 75 lbs ballast added and lets call her done leave the other rules alone... some of the little guys trying to fit in with the what they have from last years rules is going to hurt them (me) i sure dont have the cash laying around to change my combo around to compete with a class thats going to be all in the mid to low 8s...im sure that im not the only squirl in this class trying to get his nut off

#164 ·
How quick do you think the top runners will run if they allow wheelie bars? If I had to guess I would say the cars that are running 8.20s to 8.30s will easily be running 8.00s. Several of the top dogs have the MPH to run 8.00s

A 50 to 75lb weight difference is not going to dissuade anyone from chosing to run a bar--clearely not enough weight to make up for the advantage.

#165 ·
100lbs thrown to the first guy to run 8.19 or faster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.