Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Renegade Racers UPDATE YOUR RACECARS BUILD STATUS FOR 2012:

50K views 584 replies 69 participants last post by  chevyIImuch 
#1 · (Edited)
With all the Renegade Racers posting in different threads, about their cars status, WE CAN ALL POST UPDATES FOR OUR CAR BUILDS for the next season, here. Tell everyone what you currently have going on and when you will be ready or just talk smack about each others car, if you want!

My car is moving along slowly but will be gaining momentum soon. It will be at the shop within two weeks to get some welding/fab done by one of The RRA Sponsors (Thanks for coming over today to look at my car)!
My motor will be at the Engine shop within the next two weeks also, for a rebore and I will assemble the bottom end at home and then take it back to my Engine builder, again, who will assemble the top end and it will be ready to go in the car. I should be ready for Summit Motorsports Park opening day Test and Tune in April and for the RRA in May.
I havent decided IF I will continue my build thread or not...for those of you that asked. We will see.....

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF YOUR RRA RACE CAR?

#2 ·
71 scamp 340. bought rods today will be takin to ron v. to get rotator balanced. working on block and heads. need a few more parts and then put motor together. hope to be at 1st race. 10.50 car.

#9 ·
no problem was glad we can take care of it for you. and it was reaally nice meeting you and your son.
With all the Renegade Racers posting in different threads, about their cars status, WE CAN ALL POST UPDATES FOR OUR CAR BUILDS for the next season, here. Tell everyone what you currently have going on and when you will be ready or just talk smack about each others car, if you want!

My car is moving along slowly but will be gaining momentum soon. It will be at the shop within two weeks to get some welding/fab done by one of The RRA Sponsors (Thanks for coming over today to look at my car)!
My motor will be at the Engine shop within the next two weeks also, for a rebore and I will assemble the bottom end at home and then take it back to my Engine builder, again, who will assemble the top end and it will be ready to go in the car. I should be ready for Summit Motorsports Park opening day Test and Tune in April and for the RRA in May.
I havent decided IF I will continue my build thread or not...for those of you that asked. We will see.....

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF YOUR RRA RACE CAR?

#10 ·
82 camaro - installing anti-sway bar so the launches don't look like the car is going to tip over. 71 camaro - bigger carb and looser converter (may try 9.90 with it) 64 chevelle - need to button up alot of loose ends. Would love to try 8.90 with it this year, but it's all new, so it will need lots of TLC. Just went through a divorce, so trying to keep my bearings.....but i'll be out one way or another!

#14 ·
My car will get the following services done at the following shops:

Hydrocustomz - You've all seen the great job he did with the intake
Bob Brown of Jackpot Hotrods - mechanical work
Mike Brown of Mike Brown Customs - Our 10.50 Title Sponsor - custom paint
Ultratech Racecars - custom bent roll bar
Our very own Jim Loveland will then install motor, Ultratech roll bar, and wiring
Abruzzi Racing Transmission - freshened my converter after the cars last teardown
Mickey Thompson - tires
Summit Racing Equipment - has been keeping my local UPS driver busy
TI Dyno - the car will be heading there for a chassis dyno session once complete

My car should be ready to race in the 10.50 class, it will be driven by Jim Parrish of Parrish Brickworks (they helped out with staff sponsorship at the banquet).

Even with a rooky driver I plan on investing in the Wright Tool program, to me it's a win - win senario!! Pay $200 for $200 of tools and if my drivers on his A game we have the ability to win it back and then some!!!

Thanks to everybody - it will cool to see my Camaro back out on the track after 3 years in hibernation!!!!

#31 ·
ED NO ONE IS SUPRISED THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY THE WOMAN OF THE RELATIONSHIP THE SOONER YOU REALIZE IT ANN MAY LET YOU BACK IN

#30 ·
Well hoping to get out into garage soon/going to start by pulling crumpled right front fender of and get another one on, do some body work and hopefully give it a fresh coat of paint before the season starts.Still have the numbers on the car from the finally so I am in the same boat as Ed :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.