Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Mozez heads?

21K views 117 replies 37 participants last post by  Billyman 
#1 ·
For those with mozez heads, how long did it take for you to receive them? A few weeks? A few months? Etc....

Thanks.

#47 ·
I know how many people it takes to bring the TFS heads to market. Purchasing guy, supervisor of work flow, CNC cubing guy, CNC porting operator, CNC programmer, machinist, assembly guy, shipping guy. If a single person makes a mistake, the whole process takes a dump, whether it's the purchasing guy failing to order all of the required parts or anyone else missing a detail. This still doesn't cover the foundry failing to deliver castings when they should, or they deliver them and the heat treat is wrong and they all get melted down as scrap.

This still does not cover the manpower required for any new development that has to occur.

Cary is in Mi, Mast is in Tx, and Horace probably doesn't fully grasp what all it takes to get the job done.

My hat is off to both of these guys, but having been in Cary's shoes myself to some degree, I feel sorry for him. No matter how hard you work, there is little apreciation for the job you do, and if everything isn't perfect that's all you hear about.

#48 ·
I'm very happy with my Mozez heads, and got them in a reasonable amount of time last fall. I had the heads in November but didn't get the rest of the engine parts until late March. Unfortunately some things take time, but if you want the BEST stuff, you will wait. I patiently waited for 4 months on my Marcella sheetmetal intake, not that I wanted to.....but because he is one of the best. And it was definitely worth the wait for sure!

Thanks for a badass set of Mozez heads Cary! I wouldn't hesitate to deal with you again ;)

#49 ·
I to own a set of the Mozez heads. I got them early on and expected to wait. All I did was ask Cary to keep me in the loop on the stuff and he did just that. So that doesn't leave me any room to bitch about anything. I know and understand the development stage of it and understand that the Mozez head is not the main head want to make. Cary wanted to make a head for the high end racers and in most cases a time frame comes with that. I'm sure the ratio is like 200 / 1 for sales on the Mozez to all the other heads they make.

I saw and looked at all options out and feel the Mozez is the only choice for the serious LS build. Cary did a killer with it and it shows. Now I got my stuff before it was Mast and can't say I have had dealings with Mast but they do know what they are doing. I'm sure it will take time with some major head achs along the way since they are most likely growing at a rate that is tough to keep up. Anyway the stuff is a really good product and I wouldn't use anything else on a LS motor.

#58 ·
I wish I could say yes but not yet. It's getting closer but not ready. I will be shooting to go test over my off season and hope to have it all ready and tuned up for the start of 2020. LOL

It sounds like a safe date to say.

#53 ·
great post Eddie K.

I have had dealings with the ETP 255 heads and they are a great piece but for the new build We ordered this tuesday a set of the Mozez heads. I can't wait to get them.

#54 ·
Guys, no one is downing Cary, Mast, or Mozez heads. Those few that actually have the heads love 'em with good reason. The only complaint here is the wait for others to share in that same enjoyment and love. In other words, all you guys chiming in with "I love my Mozez heads............blah, blah, blah" STFU. The customers chiming in here want to see theirs, not read about yours. ;)

Cary........way to child up. At this point you should merely listen to complaints/problems in threads like this and try to fix those. It's one thing to have one person with a complaint. It's another to have 2 people with the same. But to have a slew of same the shit over and over..............................just fix the problem or at least be honest with the customers. Honesty is all I see the posters requesting to begin with. And remember, big business is your friend. :smt082

Cary, you nor Brian Tooley can possibly fathom the amount of respect I have for the two of you. I want to keep those feelings until I'm simply too old to care. Wish me luck.

#56 ·
"I love my Mozez heads............blah, blah, blah" STFU. The customers chiming in here want to see theirs, not read about yours. ;)
And who are you again? Oh thats right, a nobody. Get off your soap box as that was taken away from you a while ago for good reason :smt077

If those customers want to see there heads, understand the possible wait or go somewhere else.

#80 ·
no engine dyno but david put down 810 or 811 to the tires with issues.
(th400 7200 converter 9 inch 4.56 28x10.5 slick)
valve springs were trash, and the tune was still way rich. it never went back. i doubt robert has any interest in a chassis dyno and i dont think he has enough time to toss it on an engine dyno. he is trying to get the monte ready for bowling green.

#88 ·
Just curious, a good non LSX GM NHRA Comp N/A dual carb motor makes 2.8, wondering why the LSX stuff is behind.

Wasn't asking about power adder stuff.
2.8 with sub 400ci builds. In general, no one is sinking big dollars into a small cube ls build for engine builder's bragging rights. The ls scene is at a point where hp, et, and fastest to date results matter most.

#91 ·
"Making its way" is a far cry from been there done that. Why would a comp guy spend the coin to figure out ls stuff just to get it near the level of whats already out there?
N/A racing is in poor shape as it is. Its even crazier to pioneer a new platform unless there is some major sponor backing that wants it done.
Dont get me wrong. As an lsx guy, Id love to see it. It would just take a real unique situation to make it happen.

#95 ·
I understand your thought process whether I fully agree with them or not. There are already Ford Mod motors in Comp...............so you gotta have LS in there! LOL!

Seriously though, there are already a few companies that have been working on developing Comp Eliminator LS engines for and have for about 2 years now.

#96 ·
Bad ass video. Whats does a Jerry Haas Probe tip the scales at?
I'd say around 1800-2000lbs.

JonZ said:
Would you build a 300ci powerplant to move a 3000 lb door car?
Do it regularly. Stock and Super Stock 283 SBC's. ;)

JonZ said:
Would you spend 60k to do it?
If that's what the customer has budgeted, I will help him out. :cool:

#103 ·
i cant see mozez heads being any good in comp,,, once you took the valve cover off to show the tech guy,, youd go home...... you need a gm part number on them to run in comp,, it must be a gm head,, a mozez is a cary/et/mast,, or whatever head

just looked it up,, in altered A-D you could run them
what about the GM canted valve head?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.