Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Government buying more ammo

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  O.C White 
#1 ·
Interesting-http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-buys-200000-more-rounds-of-ammunition.html

#6 ·
Funny I'm a govermment agency, and every round we expend has to be accounted for. DPS for commisioned officers only spent 3 million on ammo last year. 12 gauge, 357 Sig, and 223. Oops forgot about the silver star boys they get 308 rounds for their LaRue tacticals.

#7 ·
200,000 rounds?I bet Marines go through that a month on annual requals on the KD course.

#11 ·
It may not be much, but if the government is placing orders when demand is high and supply is short. Could this be a tactic to help keep citizens from being able to get any ammo or at least be limited to it ? I would think the manufacturers would meet the government demands first and the citizens last. If the crap hits the fan and there is a civil uprising , the government creating a shortage in ammo could hinder things somewhat. Could be the governments strategy

#12 · (Edited)
hell the machines at lake city make 600 rounds a minute per machine when running full blast and I forgot how many lines , but if it was run in one line its only 60 hr's of production, the one winchester plant I had a tour of they made pallets of ammo a hour , there only hold up was securing the brass to make the shells as china is hogging it and the Us military is using alot too .

the army uses a dedicated plant for there stuff and its all ordered in advance , the mill stuff you get is surplus or out of date material . and lately they haven't had too much of that available . most hand ammo is made in private plants not controlled by the gov't

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.