Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Trick Titanium bellhousings

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  T1MUG 
#1 ·
So whats the fix after you have a new legal liner fitted up to the flange to pass tech.
Now my 168 tooth flywheel and clutch assembly won't fit inside the can because the new liner prevents this .:mad::mad::mad:

Anybody else in this same scenario ?

#3 ·
They should have called before starting any work, to confirm your application (flywheel size) and that you were aware of the new liner requirement and additional cost. I run a 142 tooth flywheel so it and the starter fit within the single 0.078 thick liner. Initially they called and told me that I needed two 0.050 thick liners for an additional $200 each.
Chris

#5 ·
We have this problem as well Tim. Was over at Andy's last week and he showed us his own flywheel (Ram I think) that he has installed a smaller ring gear on (166 teeth?) to clear the liner. Give him a call as it looks quite straight forward.
We bought Graham's leanders bros clutches and they look tricky to adapt to the new rules ie expensive
Steve Large

#7 ·
Who makes these 164 tooth flywheels and do you have to get a different starter or can you alter existing starters.
I have a Tilton starter.
Getting the liner updated is no problem over here as we have a Trick Titanium UK dealer who is licenced to carry out alterations/repairs/updates and SFI recertification.

#9 ·
Everyones been screwed over - been illegal for a long time.
Now it's been pointed out to them they should be replacing everyones liner for free to bring it up to SFI spec like it should have been when they sold it to us in the first place. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#13 ·
Heard lot of rumors why the Ti bellhousing failed in 2006 that caused the fatality Most said there were missing bolts on the bottom side is this true ?? Have there been any failures with all of the recommended bolts being in place???

#14 ·
I heard a rumor that there were missing bolts on the can but don't know this for certain.
But I did witness the guy on the spectator bank with a hole in his chest bleeding out quickly - died on his way to hospital.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.