Yellow Bullet Forums banner

any ever used a paxton novi 2000

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  VetteRacer100 
#1 ·
Would like to know if anyone has used or currently has a paxton novi 2000? What kind of power it produces. Also do they come with cog belt setups?

#4 ·
Yes it would be wise to keep the crank trigger. You will have to do something with either the crank trigger or the balancer because the crank trigger wheel spaces the blower pulley out. So either buy a new balancer with the crank trigger magnets in the balancer, or machine the thickness of the crank trigger wheel off the face of the balancer, or I have heard of someone mounting the crank trigger behind the balancer.

Before you do anything though mock it up first. If you are using serpintine pulleys get a strait edge to lay across crank pulley then measure distanse to face of blower pulley

#5 ·
john, you just need to drop your car off at my new shop :)

#12 ·
I recognise that dyno sheet... :cool:

We use 2000's a lot, some say they are out dated, but I think the gear case is one of the best out there.

I have ran mid eights with the 2000, along with others. Good luck with it.

#14 ·
They say the 2200 flow 50 more CFM then the 2000, but I think the 2000 is a better head unit. We have had more issues with the 2200's then 2000's, and have gone faster with the 2000's. Of course there is the new 2500 now too... same gear case as the 2000, with a bigger valute and impeller. Flow rating is 2000cfm according to Paxton, but we have ran 8.4's on a 364 cube LS2 Vette.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.