Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Norwalk 2010 Chaos Rules

38K views 711 replies 56 participants last post by  denn468 
#1 ·
Anybody talk to Bader on changes? Lots of discussions and planned meetings, but since the last race was washed/frozen out whats happening? Need some changes to keep this heads up program going. I've emailed the track but have heard zilch.

#56 ·
Here are Cecil County rules. Easy, no issues, big fields. If you guys agree email them to Norwalk.

8.5 Index Cecil County
1. .400 Pro tree heads up with 7 second auto start
2. Minimum weight 2800 lbs
3. Courtesy staging advised (NO deep staging allowed)
4. Full bodied street appearing car only - No roadsters, altered, dragsters
5. Lettering allowed on windows only
6. NO full round or square tube chassis
7. Stock style front suspension (bolt on aftermarket part accepted)
8. Tran brake & two step allowed
9. Throttle stop/controllers, delay boxes/devices PROHIBITED
10. Automatic shifters PROHIBITED
11. Car & Driver must meet NHRA & track safety rules
12. Gasoline only No Nitro or Alcohol
13. Max tire size of 33 x 10.5w
RACE

I like E Towns better.

#67 ·
they are not changing tires sizes get over it *** :) only frame notching FordRules: and you will soon see :cool: :-D

got my crank thursday- waiting on rods and pistons ,rings and it will be ready to geter done :smt052

:butthead::butthead:

I see the frame rail/notch rule opening up,, but the 10.5 tire deal is gonna blow it out of the water and bring in a so/so "street car" with a 632 and 2 kits on it then everybody is gonna scream "FOUL"....;)

open the frame rail/notch rule and leave the tire to make it an even playing ground and i think the class will grow and evrybody will be happy except Gerry Penn when his mountain motor gets beat by a small block cheby..:-D:-D:-D

#70 ·
It was mentioned but I doubt it will happen. Were trying to keep the rules as close to Milan as we can so if a car is legal there it's legal at Norwalk. It makes sense to have as many series as you can with the same rules so when people build cars they don't have to build 2 different cars or set the cars up differently for different races.

#65 ·
regaurdless of what tire size they decide to go with it should bring more cars do to the frame rule change, if they decide to do it! but i dont know many backhalf cars that can run a short tire! but i think they are taking a step in the right direction! i think if they open it to any 10.5 tire but keep all the streetcar legal rules including ins,tags, interior,etc that would keep all the race cars out! and stay within the street assasin theme,

#66 ·
regaurdless of what tire size they decide to go with it should bring more cars do to the frame rule change, if they decide to do it! but i dont know many backhalf cars that can run a short tire! but i think they are taking a step in the right direction! i think if they open it to any 10.5 tire but keep all the streetcar legal rules including ins,tags, interior,etc that would keep all the race cars out! and stay within the street assasin theme,

could not have said it any better - now malibu406 shut your pie hole :smt089 FordRules: :)~~~~

#68 ·
It's never gona grow with stock or notched frames. Look around after last year, THERE ARE NOT 16 CARS THAT MET THAT RULE THAT CAN RUN 8.9. Maybe the four of you that can run close to 9.0 enjoy a field of 10 sec cars to run. But a successful program needs close racing.

#73 ·
Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies

Viperakron...........do you want me to buy you a box of fucking tissues? Is It Puffs Plus you need????

#74 ·
Your missing the point power adder hero. That's great you run close to the number but my point is where is anyone else. You got three headsup programs, two can't fill half a field and the other has a 4 second spread. Change the rules and fill the field and have a show somebody will pay to see. Nobody is crying.

Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies

Viperakron...........do you want me to buy you a box of fucking tissues? Is It Puffs Plus you need????

#77 ·
"Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies".

Wow...those are some pretty interesting statements there. What seems to have happened to bring this on?

#80 ·
WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE FUCKING TIRE SIZE! it doesnt matter. run 8.90 and you have a shot. you can run a damn 8" wide tire and run the number if you know what you are doing. keep the cars stock appearing so there are no true race cars there and race. if you cant run the number sit your ass in the stands or grow some balls and upgrade your shit and go and try to run the number.

#83 ·
i raced last year just for the fun of it i knew my car wouldnt win but i had fun. im going to build a bigger motor and change my trans and hopefully be competative for next year. i hope they ban purple cars from racing next year! j/k jeff:smt110

#85 ·
woohoo man i missed alot today- man i love my job :) ill be there guys -dont care about any of the rules- 8.90 is all that matters- and if not ill send my intake off to steve johnson and run radial see you guys this summer FordRules: with my big inch motor wtf - lmao i wish i had a big motor - :tonqe:

#90 ·
woohoo man i missed alot today- man i love my job :) ill be there guys -dont care about any of the rules- 8.90 is all that matters- and if not ill send my intake off to steve johnson and run radial see you guys this summer FordRules: with my big inch motor wtf - lmao i wish i had a big motor - :tonqe:
send that bitch out now and come play with the big boys.:p d/r will be stout next year at norwalk.

#89 ·
Yes!

STREET ASSASSIN 2009

Sponsored by Streetrod Stuff (SRS)​
(Revised March 23, 2009)
STREET ASSASSIN

This class will be a 16 car qualified field using a sportsman ladder (1-9, 2-10, 3-11, 4-12) and a .400 pro tree. Street Assassin will compete on the ¼-mile. Cars will not be permitted to run quicker than 8.90 seconds in the ¼ mile. NHRA safety rules will be strictly enforced based upon competitor’s elapsed time and miles per hour. Cars must be tech approved before qualifying.
DESIGNATION: SA followed by car number.
WEIGHT MINIMUMS: 3,000 pounds with driver

Race Procedures
BREAKOUT: Any car running quicker than 8.90 seconds will be disqualified. In the case of a double breakout, the car running closest to 8.90 will be declared the winner.
CHANGING DRIVERS: The car and driver may not be switched after the car and driver have qualified.
ELIMINATIONS: Should a qualified car break before the first round of eliminations, alternate(s) will be instated.
LANE CHOICE: In all cases, lane choice will be granted (in any pair) to the car with the lower elapsed time in either qualifying or the previous round of eliminations.
QUALIFYING: Cars must alternate lanes in qualifying. There will be two (2) official qualifying sessions unless legitimate circumstances prevent it, i.e. inclement weather, etc.
Once a car takes the green light or leaves before the tree in activated it is considered an official qualifying run. If a car breaks before the act of staging, you will be given until the end of the round to qualify.
STAGING: Once a car in directed into the bleach box, he/she will be required to run within two (2) minutes after being directed to do so or will be disqualified. Courtesy staging will be enforced.
STARTING: All cars must have a battery and starter and may only be “push started” in an emergency situation.
During eliminations, any vehicle starting a run before the tree in activated will be disqualified. A re-run will result only if both vehicles leave before the tree is activated.
TIMING SYSTEM: The Compulink Timing System with Auto Start will be used.

Requirements & Specifications
BODY
BODY: Must be full-bodied cars and trucks only with full fenders: no open body, roadster or funny car bodies allowed. Hood, both doors and trunk must be operable. Convertibles must have top up.
FIBERGLASS: No restrictions.

COMPUTERS & ELECTRONICS
COMPUTERS: Onboard diagnostic computers are permitted.
ELECTRONICS: Optical sensors are not permitted.
CHASSIS
BALLAST: Any ballast must be secured, i.e. bolted as per the NHRA rulebook.
Revision: CHASSIS: Must have stock rear and stock front frame rails. No notching of the stock factory frame rail will be permitted. Mini tubs are permitted.
SUSPENSION: Any type suspension permitted; including 4-link and ladder bars.
ENGINE
ENGINE: Any internal combustion engine allowed with any modification. Only one engine may be used. No cubic inch limit. Only one power adder is allowed.
EXHAUST
MUFFLERS: Mandatory.
FUEL
FUEL: Must use gasoline only, no alternative fuels permitted.

INSURANCE
INSURANCE: Participants will be required to have proof of insurance, i.e. an insurance card or equivalent.

INTERIOR
INTERIOR: Stock dash and stock appearing interior, including two (2) front seats. Rear seat(s) optional.
LICENSE
LICENSE: Cars must be licensed, registered and insured. No dealer plates will be permitted.

TRANSMISSION
TRANSMISSION: Any transmission permitted.

TIRES
TIRES: The D.O.T. tire maximum size is 29x11.5. The Slick tire maximum size is 29.5x10.5. Rear tire(s) may not extend out beyond the rear body panels.

WINDOWS
WINDOWS: No Lexan.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
All cars/drivers equipment must pass track safety rules and comply with all NHRA regulations. Chassis must meet certification for elapsed time and speed.
CLEARANCE: Three (3”) inch ground clearance is required from the front end to twelve (12”) inches behind the spindle.

SCHEDULE, TIMES & PURSE

Gates Open: 3:00 PM Qualifying Times: 5:30 pm First Round: 7:45 pm Fees: Car & Driver $50 Adults $15 Child (6-14) $ 5
GUARANTEED PURSE Winner $400.00 Runner Up $200.00 Semi $ 75.00 Quarter $ 50.00 Total payout $950.00
#1 Qualifier Bonus #1 Qualifiier $50.00 $1,000 Guaranteed Purse!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.