Yellow Bullet Forums banner

shocks for chevy 2500HD?

10K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  greeze 
#1 ·
2005 model. stock shocks were great, but crapped out about 80K. put on moroe reflex and the truck drove absolutely horrible. ended up with a set of monroe sensa-tracs and they were better than the reflex versions, but i still dont like the way the truck rode.
20K later the shocks have had it. feels like my wheels are going to fall off going down smooth pavement. ive got 285's on the truck and i think they are just not sufficient to hold the extra weight to the road.

advnace stocks the ranchos and ive heard some decent things about the bilsteins.

truck is stock height. i pull a trailer everyday. just trying to find something smooth riding. i drive at least 80 miles a day. most cases 130-150.

#2 ·
Bilstein.

#17 ·
looks like ill be going with the bilsteins more than likely after what ive been reading. i should have got them the 1st go round. the one thing i really liked about my factory shocks(before they gave out) was the truck didnt bounce over interstate bridges or pavement changes. you felt it, but the front end wasnt bobbing everywhere afterwards. truck feels like its only a 1/2 ton right now when its loaded. front end goes everywhere on rough overpasses.

#18 ·
looked up shox.com. holy cow at the cheap prices!!
they dont list the 5100's for the 2wd, but they do list them for the 4wd model. under the 4wd model they list the same shock that also fits my 2wd. is there a correct part# for the 5100's for 2wd? the way i see it the 4wd shocks will work fine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.