Yellow Bullet Forums banner

hey largemouth bass guys & gals

9K views 69 replies 44 participants last post by  78pontiac 
#1 ·
Whats your favorite lure

#2 ·
Fluke

#6 ·
3/4 oz colorado gold blade spinnerbait with a white skirt.

I do a lot of pond fishing and it helps to be able to broadcast a lure and cover a lot of water, before trying something different in the vicinity.

I normally work the 3/4 oz. spinnerbait in a fan motion from where I am. If that doesn't get me any bites I take a carolina rigged pumpkinseed lizard up and down the bank letting it pause and suspend.

#7 ·
#9 ·
if i had to pick just one artificial bait to use year round it would be a senko type; i.e. salt impregnated stick worm. color would be dark; e.g. black or green pumpkin with a little metallic flake.

i made several posts in the following thread on a similar topic.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336109

i have a fair amount of knowledge and experience on this subject. if you demonstrate a willingness to learn and i can satisfy the question i will do my best.

#11 ·
My Fav is a Rebel PoP-R...

But I have a batch of 20 yr old worms in various colors I use... (secret stash)

#17 ·
you are so full of crap, it is embarrassing. I try to stand up for you, but you constantly come up with this stupid crap...

THAT is NOT how you shock fish...

#22 ·
Buzz baits (best luck with white and black and chrome blade or blades), jig with small skirt and large minnow, Jig with large leach. Blue Fox makes a really nice rooster tail. Kinda rainbow type color scheme and the body spins the opposite of the blade making a ringing noise. I've used that and had great luck with any kinda fish.

#27 ·
The old stand bye is a medium white spinner bait with large blades....

#32 ·
Oh my. Seriously? This is the best you guys come up with?!? Typical walmart tackle!!! Ok, for "pop-r" type baits, try a pop-x. yes its from japan, no i don't care. It works well and has been beating the piss out of pop-r's for nearly 10 years. Rico's are a decent find at any decent shop.

Plastics? yeah, i prefer custom. Tightline, old Western, other locals. Each lake has its own color and that changes regularly.

Spinnerbats, proline, hands down. No hilderbrant's even though they look good.

I like to drop-shot small plastics on no heavier than 8# and i prefer that in deeper water.

FLIPPING is by far my favorite in any condition. Wind, storm front, cold, hot, barometer is dropping. FISH LOVE THICK COVER. The more types of cover i can find in one spot the better, Rip rap, logs, grass and a dock with deep water nearby? I may have just came thinking about it. Maybe a little current nearby, oh!!!!

Anyways, i used to tournament fish Az, and Cali. I only took 3rd a few times, rest were only higher. (cept that one time :( ) All of my vacations revolve around fishing and horsepower. Just ask my wife, i am sure she loves it :mad:

Anyways, finesse is my game, and it has always paid off. Remember two things: the smaller the bait, the less to scrutinize. Second is, 10% of the fishermen will catch 90% of the fish and 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake. Not tryin to say things don't work, but there are better ways.

#34 ·
Oh my. Seriously? This is the best you guys come up with?!? Typical walmart tackle!!! Ok, for "pop-r" type baits, try a pop-x. yes its from japan, no i don't care. It works well and has been beating the piss out of pop-r's for nearly 10 years. Rico's are a decent find at any decent shop.

Plastics? yeah, i prefer custom. Tightline, old Western, other locals. Each lake has its own color and that changes regularly.

Spinnerbats, proline, hands down. No hilderbrant's even though they look good.

I like to drop-shot small plastics on no heavier than 8# and i prefer that in deeper water.

FLIPPING is by far my favorite in any condition. Wind, storm front, cold, hot, barometer is dropping. FISH LOVE THICK COVER. The more types of cover i can find in one spot the better, Rip rap, logs, grass and a dock with deep water nearby? I may have just came thinking about it. Maybe a little current nearby, oh!!!!

Anyways, i used to tournament fish Az, and Cali. I only took 3rd a few times, rest were only higher. (cept that one time :( ) All of my vacations revolve around fishing and horsepower. Just ask my wife, i am sure she loves it :mad:

Anyways, finesse is my game, and it has always paid off. Remember two things: the smaller the bait, the less to scrutinize. Second is, 10% of the fishermen will catch 90% of the fish and 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake. Not tryin to say things don't work, but there are better ways.

In my last 20 years on earth I have never gone fishing...

I always go catching.:cool:

#38 ·
You Dad work at TVA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.