Yellow Bullet Forums banner

LSX E85 PCV venting question

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  f_o_a_d 
#1 ·
424cu LSx, 106mm turbo, 20-25psi, 7000 rpm shift. blowthru CSU

i m not sure how much to vent, i couldnt get the moroso evac to work correcly, im thinking of:

2= -10 lines from Valve covers to catch can
1= -12 line from the valley cover to same catch can

Is that enough to vent?

#3 ·
Your plan sounds like plenty to me.

#4 ·
ok, the reason for the 3 is i have all the hoses and fittings for the two -10s off the valve covers. i didnt think 2 -10s was enough so i figured a -12 in the valley would be best,

would 2 -10s off each valve cover be enought?i

#6 ·
mightymouse uses 2 3/8" lines off each valve covers to a breather tank he actually builds his own that has a pressure relief valve built in the top. That car is making 1300+rwhp and he said he has no crankcase pressure issues with those 2 lines. So I would think 2 #10 lines would be way more than enough

#10 ·
Im taking the advice from a guy on my truck forum and he is making over 800 rwhp with his ls2 and twin setup. He told me -12 off each valve cover and he also suggested venting the valley cover, but for my build ~600 rwhp, im just doing the -12 fittings on each valve cover to a -12 T to one breather tank i bought from RPS. hopefully that will work, if it doesnt ill drill and tap the valley cover and put a -6 hose on there. Also 1st post woohoo!!

#13 ·
Having more than enough venting is never an issue. One one my cars has only a pair of -12 vent to a single catch can. One of the others has a pair of 1-1/4" vents to a pair of catch cans.

Not having enough venting will create many issues, leaking turbos, blown gaskets, or even worse. What happens is those small vents can't keep up and you push out a couple of quarts of oil under the tires at speed. Big vents are ok.

#16 ·
Then you should just run a single vent line. Two vent lines tee'd together is a vent no larger than running a single vent line. The catch can needs to have a vent filter with an opening larger than the total area of the TWO vent lines. The clamp on style filters offer a larger opening than the push on style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.