Yellow Bullet Forums banner

How about some old Pinto drag cars...

66K views 116 replies 61 participants last post by  Big T Racer 
#1 ·
The Pinto made a great drag car. Cheap to purchase, lightweight and plenty of room for a V-8.

See less See more
#21 ·
Anyone remember a lime green, tubbed & caged small-block Chevy powered Pinto in the Carlsbad N.M. areain the mid/ very late 70s? That was my car & seeing this thread got me to thinking that'd it'd sure be nice to get it back, even if it's sitting in a junkyard somewhere out there? If anyone knows of it, or saw it, PLEASE posts some pics or at least let me know?

#24 ·
I really dont understand the Pinto/Vega thing. Not to disrespect anyone. Everyone says there cheap and light but ends up spending 25k anyway. With all that kind of lute in the car you could have picked any car out there. In the end it is still a Pinto (the worst car in history). sorry to affend all:)

#27 ·
My old man bought a Pinto new when I was 17 I was racing a Vega and banged 2nd gear and the shifter came right out of the transmission, it was held in by a nylon nut!

My old man said I was "Ghear Jhamming!" in his swedish venacular, he told me too watch it because I "was cruising for a bruising".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.