Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Stock ZR1 with DR's run 10.42 @ 134 Video inside

56K views 1K replies 160 participants last post by  ajw2500hd 
#1 ·
First time out with this car all stock except DR's

Click the Picture for the Video

See less See more
#92 ·
Holy Shit... daylight under the tires bone stock on DR's??? Damn!!!

#113 ·
How many of you all have ever drove a ZR-1?

That is one of the most bitchin daily driveable cars.

Like the other man said up there. Strip on Saturday to home in the rain 20mpg A/C on, church on Sunday, work on Monday, and then to the road course Tuesday all around car.

That is by far one of the most well balanced and just all around badass STREET CARS with a warranty. It's docile and has instant power at any RPM.

It takes turns too, that's a minor detail though.

#125 ·
How many of you all have ever drove a ZR-1?

That is one of the most bitchin daily driveable cars.

Like the other man said up there. Strip on Saturday to home in the rain 20mpg A/C on, church on Sunday, work on Monday, and then to the road course Tuesday all around car.

That is by far one of the most well balanced and just all around badass STREET CARS with a warranty. It's docile and has instant power at any RPM.

It takes turns too, that's a minor detail though.
^^This.

I can't help but imagine that engine, pullied and tuned, in a lighter car with a drag race suspension, though. Would be funny to stick it in a Fox body to piss off the nut huggers in BOTH camps.:finga:

#117 ·
Try to collect the warrenty if it breaks drag racing it, the dealer will read the pc and know exactly what was going on when it failed.
I saw a Caddy ctsv at the track and it blew the rear end, I deal with the dealership and they told me no way they would cover it, and that they could tell the rpm spike, torque ect.

#139 ·
That would be a negative ghostrider. The only thing you can see on a scanner is the freeze frame from when the ses light is triggered. If you break a hard part (rear/trans/engine) the light ain't coming on, at least not right away, and therefore, no freeze frame. The only thing that can be checked is for aftermarket parts or "abuse". And that is up to the discretion of the dealer. I never had a problem doing warranty work on a modded or raced car, but some guys did. Had one guy bring his Trans Am to me for a warranty window motor that another dealer denied him of because he had a cam in the car :rolleyes:

BTW, that ZR1 is straight badass. Like to see what one can do with a few bolt ons.

#126 ·
Alot of it depends on how well you know anybody at the dealership. Your a dick? Your fucked! Have friends that work there? You will probably be ok. Just depends on what breaks and how bad.

We turned down a 2010 SS Camaro with 2800 miles on it for a broken transmision. There was probably 30lbs of rubber in the rear wheel wells. He also lied and said he was driving it normally. A friend was at the dragstrip when he broke it. You lie-bye bye.

#127 ·
Depends on the dealership. I took my 06 GTO in with about 1500 miles on it with the rear pinion leaking and a fresh layer of rubber in the wheel wells. They took care of it no questions asked. I started racing my car with 800 miles on it when it was 7 days old. It went to the dealership for multiple issues under warranty and never had an issue.

#128 ·
Had a buddy with a 2002 SS Camaro that had shift issues, the dealer had the car three different times and could not duplicate it.

So the 4th time they pulled the trans to inspect it, they told my buddy he had abused the the car racing it and that it would not be warrantied.

My buddy raised hell, I told him to get in touch with the GM are service manager, he met with my buddy at the dealer and said the same thing...and when he did my buddy whipped out a magazine ad that had a drawing of the car AT A DRAGSTRIP and the quote was something like "Own the road". My buddy said look at what you ADVERTISE the car as!!!!

Guy warrantied the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.