Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Quaker City Motorsports Park

33K views 373 replies 59 participants last post by  SuperComp 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they gound the track smooth and taken all the bumps out of it.:smt102 Have they had any test runs on this year?

#2 ·
Supposedly they have had Jim Head in to look at grinding it and are working out a plan to do it.

The original opening day of 4/16 was pushed back to 4/30 because of all the rain preventing them from doing required work on the facility. From looks of the weather they may push it back even farther. Rain most every day this month and forcast shows rain everyday for next 10 days. The ground in this area is so saturated it will need a week of no rain to even consider pulling a rig off the asphault. Even the hillsides just squish when you walk on them because there is so much water laying.

#6 ·
New release in the track forum on the website. Basically says timing system done, tower is done, waiting on EPA for OK to open newly remodeled concession stand, entrance/exit is done and working the track this week. Complete scrape, power washing and start prepping. No mention of a grind or any other work to the surface at this time.

#7 ·
Without a grind and polish on the track I dont think you are going to see to many Q8/Pro Mod cars then.

#13 ·
I am all for upgrading the timing system, track facilities such as the concession stands, bleachers, rest rooms but most of this is for the spectators!!!! I think it is great that Norm and his people are doing these upgrades!!!! Racers are looking for a smooth safe racetrack to run on and without racers you dont have spectators/fans. JMO

#20 ·
Posted on the home page this morning. Not surprised at all.

Hi race fans,

There is no reason to beat around the bush - since the bush is just about under water anyway. Quaker City Motorsports Park will not be opening this weekend. The amount of rain that has fallen this month is approacing 7 inches, and the grounds at QCMP are simply saturated, to the point of some pits having puddles in the grass. We also would like to ask everyone with reserved spots to please hold off on any parking of motorhomes or trailers. Please stay tuned - we will be announcing the schedule for next weekend soon.

I know of many who will not go there until the rough track surface issue is resolved. Not all of them are uber fast cars either. They just don't like having their slicks torn up at twice the rate of anywhere else.

#24 ·
You could try and surface grind the track, but being as old as the surface is you'd probably generate more problems than you originally had(bringing up entire chunks of cement or blacktop). I understand everyone wants a perfect surface, as do I, but the weather up around here hasn't seen more than a couple days of sun at a time..making it impossible to do anything with the track. All everyone can do is hope the new owner re-surfaces the track at the end of the year! I for one am just happy its under new management! I feel GREAT things coming to Quaker City in the future. ;)

#26 ·
The cement where the problem is has only been down a couple of years. Swindler attempted to make an improovement and put fresh concrete from 60' to 330' in place of the asphault. It was a botched job and they went back in with an asphault remover and chunked the top off the new concrete to make it level. That left parts of the concrete they attempted to lower rough as a cobble stone road. That is what racers would like to see corrected. It tears up slicks and makes for dangerous passes when slicks come loose on fast cars. This condition has been brought up to management several times and gets NO response. Not even a "were looking into it" type of response. If the surface isn't made safe they will have the same dismal participation they have had in the recent past. It doesn't matter how good of a track preperation expert someone is they cannot make a surface that bad work anywhere near proper.
The ProMod race was CANCELLED a couple of weeks ago. No reason given.

#28 ·
Are you serious!!!!!!!! Cancel a big race on a holiday weekend that a bunch of us were planning on running!!!!! Bad news for Quaker City!!!! Hasn't anyone heard of gold dust, glue, and a track dragger!!!!!!! WWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFF!!!!!!! They may as well cancel the UMTR guys on Sunday too... The stickshift guys will have a harder time getting off the starting line than we would have.

#29 ·
I know of atleast 5 or 6 cars that can run well into the sixes that would have been set up to run some low seven second times that had no races to go to because this race didnt conflict with any of our schedules.

#31 ·
Wow that is a pretty early call. I would have to think that there was a decent amount of cars down the track Saturday and you will have the Friday night program this week. Weather has not been too bad so I would think there is time to work the track.

I guess if you want a quick race there is a quick 32 Saturday and Sunday at National Trail. Door car side is normally a mid to high 5 second bump and dragster side normally 4.90-5.0 bump. Open wheel and fuill body run in the final.

#32 ·
Weather has not been too bad so I would think there is time to work the track.
Might have been a nice weekend but there has been rain Sunday night, Monday, and today. Forecast does not look promising by any means. It's going to take more than a tire dragger and spray/rosen to bring it around. Might be able to make a killer starting line but down track is another story. Eventually they will wake up to the fact and admit the track needs serious work.

#36 ·
I'm changing my sig its gonna read this

Qcrttbmfrs
Let me guess...Quaker City Racers to the back mother fuckers. Quit your bitchin about it and take your streetcar down it already:smt097. It has a new owner who wants to make it right for the racers. I know you raced this weekend (after much debate) but you are a real racer right? Support the local tracks before they end up like 42:axe:

#38 ·
I personally think after some thought that maybe QCMP may have made the right decision about shutting the Q16 down for the weekend. Lets give them credit where credit is do!!! They were looking out for us instead of their bank account. I am sure that they will lose a considerable amount of money not running us this weekend. I posted in one of the Renegade threads that we need to give them sometime to get things in order after Dan Swindell did nothing to Quaker except basically run it into the ground.:party

#39 ·
To use a drag racing analogy or example, you guys didn't go out and race a top fuel or pro mod car your first year out. Give these guys a chance first financially to recover from the purchase and the many improvements and alterations to make it possible to open. Also there have been many hurdles to overcome regarding construction and gaining an access road after being abused by The Swindler on the former driveway. You guys should be singing high praises to Norm Fox and his crew for keeping this place open and making it better for us. Trust me with time QMP will have a track we can all be proud to say we race there.

#40 ·
To use a drag racing analogy or example, you guys didn't go out and race a top fuel or pro mod car your first year out. Give these guys a chance first financially to recover from the purchase and the many improvements and alterations to make it possible to open. Also there have been many hurdles to overcome regarding construction and gaining an access road after being abused by The Swindler on the former driveway. You guys should be singing high praises to Norm Fox and his crew for keeping this place open and making it better for us. Trust me with time QMP will have a track we can all be proud to say we race there.
Absolutely!!!! Rome wasn't built in the day. As I said in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if you dont see a whole new racing surface at QCMP in a year or so. They need to focus on their their weekly bracket program to generate some funds for more track upgrades. Look at it like this Norm has spent a shit ton of money out of his pocket and has only had a couple open weekends so his bank account has seen way more withdrawals compared to deposits!!!!!

#43 ·
We [The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION] are supporting Norm Fox and his facility to hopefully help them out by having a race there in August in conjunction with the PRO-MODS. We hope they can deliver on a well prepared track as they've indicated they will.

#44 ·
We have had a pretty good rain the last 2 nights which is probably no help to the pit area. The days have been dry enough to maintain the track but no one wants to pull into a place they know they are going to be stuck in until someone pulls them out of.

We have raced there a long time. Never have we had issues with the traction there or an unsafe race surface. Now we normally only run 7.50-7.60 range but have sprayed for some 1/8 mile racing and no issue there going 4.60's. I know there are others that have been there running faster who did not complain. The track by no means is the smoothest track in the world but is very raceable running low 7's and into the 6's. After this season when they can finally address the need to correct a few bumps and update the forgotten surface, then there is no reason why this track should not hold deep into the 6's and start seeing 3 second 1/8 mile runs from the outlaw dragster or pro-mod fields.

#45 ·
The last time I raced there was July 3rd 2009 for a Q16 race. The reason I remember that is because my son was born on the 2nd. I turned on 1 medium system and ended up #1 qualifier with a 6.99 at 199 mph. I went straight down the track without any problems. I hope to see QCMP get another Pro-Am race too!!! Hell if Norm keeps working at it like he has been is there a National event possibly headed to QCMP in the future. The sky is the limit.

#46 ·
National event would be hard to do. The hill would have to be trimmed a lot so the Top Fuelers could get over it without dragging in the middle. The divisional will probably be brought back along with the finals.

#48 · (Edited)
I am pretty sure Lagana has been there to test before going from one race to another!!! The hill is actually a pretty gradual incline! If PRP can have a national event then QCMP can. Besides how do you "trim" down the hill???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.