Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Quaker City Motorsports Park

33K views 373 replies 59 participants last post by  SuperComp 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they gound the track smooth and taken all the bumps out of it.:smt102 Have they had any test runs on this year?

#178 ·
Listen to you!!!! I see about 6 trucks sitting there waiting to get loaded now!!!! lol

#183 ·
The outlaw street class looks like it has the potential to be pretty cool. How fast are some of these guys going?

The index classes look like your regular bracket cars running at a Pinks all out.

If you want a show at TDR, get Jonesy hooked up with 2 kits and no chute!!! That will pack the stands.

#184 ·
Yeah atleast for one pass!!!! lol

#185 ·
..[/QUOTE My wife comes every year just for the firworks and to see Bob Motz . Bob Motz is deffently a crowd draw.[/QUOTE]

Then it should be settled, trp should just cancel all but the fireworks and motz....look at the money they would take in, edgar can start that at 4, and save more $ by not turning on the lights. As long as they fireworks and motz, the people will still come.you just proved tom to be right, I stand corrected.

Jim, have you ever taken the mrs.. To night under fire... Those are real fire works.

#187 ·
..[/QUOTE My wife comes every year just for the firworks and to see Bob Motz . Bob Motz is deffently a crowd draw.
Then it should be settled, trp should just cancel all but the fireworks and motz....look at the money they would take in, edgar can start that at 4, and save more $ by not turning on the lights. As long as they fireworks and motz, the people will still come.you just proved tom to be right, I stand corrected.

Jim, have you ever taken the mrs.. To night under fire... Those are real fire works.[/QUOTE] Yes! you cant beat those fireworks anyware they are unbeliveable My wifes been around me sense i started racing 28 yrs ago she rather look at the fireworks then watch me go done the track

#195 ·
Whomever it was that was blowing the Warrior group, come on. That group just about wore out there welcome everywhere. Like WOW! a funny car that does long noisey burnouts then goes out and runs 7.90's. That is slower than alot of S/Pro cars and dont stand a chance of making a Q16. I know they run a on a 7.90 index, thats was quick about 20 yrs ago. Step it up and make it a 6.50 index then I will watch.

The UMTR brings a helluva show, lots of cars and spectators.

#204 ·
listened to it the other night an the track resurfacing is'nt getting done until the end of oct.its even stated in the scedule that they handed out sun.he did tell a few of use including scotty guiler(scotty g) with the cutluss that it was getting concrete from the starting line to the finish line.i do know this this is just the begining they are'nt gonna faulk around this place will be a top vacility to race at an thats been long over do!!!!!!!!:SHTF

#207 ·
Do you know what's funny cookie, I use to go to this tittie bar and everyone use to tell the owner he needed to fix up the place and do you know what his comment was.HE SAID WHY UNTIL THIS PLACE ISNT PACKED WHY SPEND THE MONEY .typical owner

#208 ·
Do you know what's funny cookie, I use to go to this tittie bar and everyone use to tell the owner he needed to fix up the place and do you know what his comment was.HE SAID WHY UNTIL THIS PLACE ISNT PACKED WHY SPEND THE MONEY .typical owner
X2 thats whats happening to Thompson right now Norm Fox is spending money to make money at Quaker,Ken Eggars is just taking whatever money he makes at Thompson and not putting anything back into it.Maybe if we all started racing at Quaker Ken E. might fix Thompson up?????????????

#211 ·
trp will survive! the people that go there are top notch!
the racers are top notch!
and the track manager and crew are top notch!
i will not stop supporting jim and trp over a bigger payout, or because of more amenities. i considered nrp as my home track,and its the nicest facility around! but i prefer to race at trp because of the people that run the track. some track managers will not talk to you or treat you on the same level as them and trp does. i hope qcr becomes a mini nrp in the future. the faithfull racers whom stuck with that track deserve it!

#212 · (Edited)
Very well said by many! Quaker can learn from Norwalks model and spend money to make money. Get sponsors money also and invest that into your Track, not into your pocket. I've been goin to NRP/SMP since I was a kid and the bleachers were junk and they had that crappy tower and maybe half the car count that they have now. Racers want to race at nice tracks and that is why Norwalk gets 400-500 cars per weekend bracket race and the BIG EVENTS like Nite Under Fire have 800 plus race cars and WE race all night long!
Thompsons can use a upgrade and QCR looks as if theirs is on the way!

42 is headed the other way...... down.

#213 ·
Attributing a tracks potential success based on an owner spending lots of cash on upgrades is a foolish assumption. Look at Route 66, Virginia, Z-max, Memphis, Gateway - all great facilities but they/were are all cursed with less than steller weekly programs, Memphis and Gateway were NHRA national event tracks and the doors are closed. Its more about treatment, relations and the overall experience for a tracks success than tossing around money, do the first three right and the racers/money will happen. Owners need to invest wisely and keep a happy staff.

I hope the facility hires the best Engineers for the new surfacing project, all concrete facilities require a very specific design and finish.

#214 ·
true, but from what isaw at QCR last week, they got the recipe for success, sure the will have some growing pains, some bigger than others but if they continue their upswing, they will continue to get the racers support like they seemed to be getting... they will do just fine.
Pretty sure Fox doesnt look at like he is just spending money to have the appearance of fine facility; he is investing in his property, to grow a successful establishment, and provide the best he can offer...he is in it for the long haul... now if the city will let a business grow will be the next step...
hopefully, edgar takes a visit and takes notes...

#215 ·
This was our 1st weekend there. The overall experience is pretty good. The Friday night program could be a little better and not run until 1:00 AM but the car count was pretty large. I think the efficiency will come around with a little experience under the belt of the staff.

The track was the best I have seen it in a couple years and we put out some good numbers. The rain came in Saturday and they made the effort to try and put us on the 1/8 mile but the 2nd round of thunderstorms did them in Satuday night. They issued rain passes to everyone.

I saw they have drilled trying to relieve some of the water pressure and clear up some drainage to help keep the water off the track. We did not make Sunday due to a graduation but I was told water thru the track got them again. It's going to take more than a few days of no rain to get the water tables down. We are are talking a couple weeks but I would bet that drainage will be addressed this week to prevent the issue again and moving forward with the new track surface that is planned.

#218 ·
We were hoping to test at QC this past week but rain killed that. QC is close to our chassis shop, M&M Chassis so it will be cool to have a track 5 miles down the road. Good luck to new management and hope its good for them and the racers in the area.

#222 ·
I was by there about two weeks ago and nothing was done. If they had EPA issues then understandable, but if they are solved work should be getting done. Bulldozers have cabs with heaters. Hope it all works out.
Especially with the unusually warm and rainy winter we have had so far.

I havent heard any news about the place, they released a schedule a little while ago and they dont intend to start until May 1st.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.