Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Ultra Street Turbo question

11K views 77 replies 16 participants last post by  luv2xlr8 
#1 ·
Is a Large Frame 80mm turbo legal at Cecil for Ultra street? The Cecil rules only state 80mm, it does not go any further.

This is all I see in the rules pertaining to the actual turbo:

TURBO WEIGHTS:
T-76 - 3150
T-80 - 3200

No Billet wheels on turbo combo

No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combo

All turbos and superchargers must be as manufactured from factory

#3 ·
Can you show me where to find that?

Ultra Street Shootout

1/8th mile Eliminator

BODY:
Fiberglass/Carbon body panels are limited to hood, rear deck lid, fenders, doors, and bumpers. Cowl hoods may not be taller than half way point of the windshield. Forward facing scoops are prohibited on power adder combos unless factory installed or less than 5 inches from flat area of hood. Inlets for turbos and superchargers must not be exposed to ram air

INTERIOR:
Aftermarket steering columns are allowed. Factory type dash accepted. Must have carpet.

ELECTRICAL:
Optical devices are prohibited. All entries must have operational head lights and tail lights.

ENGINE:
Aftermarket blocks and cylinder heads are allowed. All entries must utilize a single carburetor cast intake manifold. Motor plates and solid mounts are allowed. Engine must be in stock location. Mufflers are required on all vehicles (except turbos). All SB power adder engines are limited to 440 cubic inches. SB N/A limited to 470 and BB N/A limited to 632 and BOP power adder limited to 588. Any engine in question will be measured with a P&G gauge. A correction factor of 1.5% will be used. Competitors may be asked to remove a cylinder head for bore and stroke measurements should any discrepancies arise.

INDUCTION:
Small blocks and BB N/A combinations may use a single cast intake manifold with single carb or EFI. Cast tunnel ram permitted on stock valve angle only w/ weight penalty. (See* below) Small Block N/A may use cast tunnel ram/sheetmetal/dual carbs w/weight penalty (See*below)

POWER ADDERS:
Nitrous limited to SB and BOP entries - Progressive nitrous controllers are allowed. Entries must utilize a single stage nitrous plate with one nitrous, one fuel and one redundant purge solenoid. Foggers must be disconnected and all solenoids must be capped off. Nitrous plates using fogger nozzles are not allowed. Jet limit/solenoid size TBD on stock valve angle with cast tunnel ram & nitrous.

Turbo and supercharged entries are limited to stock valve angle SB combos only. (SB CHEVY 23 DEGREE - SB FORD 20 DEGREE – 18 DEGREE MOPAR - FACTORY HEADED SMALL BLOCK FORD MOD MOTOR - LS CHEVY 15 DEGREE)

TRANSMISSION:
Any OEM style automatic or OEM manual transmission is allowed with power adder. Clutch assisted/clutchless manual transmission allowed on N/A. Manual transmissions must utilize SFI approved bell housing.

REAR SUSPENSION:
Stock type rear suspension or ladder bar only. Coil over shocks are allowed. Anti-roll allowed. Aftermarket replacement control arms are allowed. Stock frame rails must be in place, notching permitted. (N/A cars/trucks permitted ladder bar suspension without weight penalty)

FRONT SUSPENSION:
Factory type front suspension only. Coil over shocks are allowed. Aftermarket replacement control arms are allowed. Aftermarket K-Members allowed.

WHEELS/TIRES:
A maximum of a 28 x 10.5 non W slick, 28 x 12.50 ET Street or any 275 radial may be used on N/A, power adders limited to a P275/60-15 MickeyThompson Tire P/N 3754R radial tire. Wheel width is limited to 12"

NITROUS WEIGHTS:
Base weight includes BOP combos - 3200
All heads 14.9 and under - 3250
Any canted valve head - 3250
All heads 15 degrees and above carry no additional weight
Any 23 degree combo - 3000
Blue Thunder Cylinder Heads - 3300
Any 20 degree ford – 3000
TFS-R ford - 3100

SUPERCHARGER WEIGHTS:
F1A-3200
F1C - 3250
YSI – 3250

TURBO WEIGHTS:
T-76 - 3150
T-80 - 3200

N/A WEIGHTS:
N/A Inline head – 2600
N/A Non-Inline head – 2700
N/A (big block with standard deck height and conventional head) 2900 lbs
N/A (big block with tall deck height and conventional head) 2950 lbs
N/A (big block with standard height and big chief head) 3000 lbs
N/A (big block with tall deck height and big chief head) 3100 lbs

GENERAL:
No Billet cylinder heads/blocks
No Billet wheels on turbo combo
No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combo
Alcohol/E85 legal (meth injection legal on non-intercooled combo only)
All turbos and superchargers must be as manufactured from factory
No muffler required on turbo entry, required on all other combos
No bull horns
Gear driven supercharger allowed
Belt driven supercharger deduct 50 lbs
LS 15* add 50 lbs
Non Intercooled boosted combos deduct 50 lbs (no deduct if on Alcohol for fuel)
Leaf springs deduct 100lbs
Ladder bar add 50 lbs (except N/A)
*Cast Tunnel Ram with 4150 carbs on stock valve angle head on SB NOS add 100 lbs
*Cast Tunnel Ram/Sheetmetal/Dual Carbs on SB N/A add 50 lbs
Single 4150 carb/throttle body deduct 50lbs
V6 entries deduct 150lb

#4 ·
The rules are based on mid-frame turbos only. Y2K-80, S400-80, GT4780, PT8047

#5 ·
It does not say that. If it's based on that then why wouldn't it say it? How do we follow rules if they are not written? Catch my drift?

If i show up with a large frame 80mm from garrett, there is nothing in those rules stopping me or someone else from racing?

Are there any other unwritten rules that I need to be aware of? :)

#6 ·
Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll be sure to make sure MID-FRAME is added to the rules.

#8 ·
Thats not true. I can read rules, the rules as posted leave room, i will use that room if they are the rules we are racing. If you want LF's out then put it in the rules. If it wasn't for the fact that it's a $2,000 part, i'd just show up with a LF 80. My car is 3,645lbs, i'm looking for every crumb I can find in the couch.

#10 ·
So the gt5580 is good then. It is a mid frame. It is really late to start modifying rules. I hope there are no other problems or loop holes in the rules. I know a motor over 360 cubic inches won't run for shit with a 4780....

#17 ·
hey Honk,67drtgt is up the street from me . should go have a face to face and nails these rules down seeing as how hes making them. mabe we can work out a l/f weight penalty . i think you'll make the break....lmfao how fast can a rotted out 3700# brick go on 275s with a boost

#19 · (Edited)
Did John Sears, who is making the rules for this class, not come on this post and say they are not legal? Am I stupid or is it you? I guess John needs to send you a special package in the mail so you understand. I am not making the rules just read it in the other post where they asked the same question and got the same answer. I could care less show up with the turbo and run.

#21 ·
Last I checked John Sears did not work nor run Cecils program.

I am not stupid nor do I rely on a lengthy, undecernable thread to tell me what the rules are. Dave posted the rules. Dave runs this program, not you, not John Sears. It was my hope that Dave or Mr Halsey would have chimed in.

I never asked you for input, yet you replied. Then when I asked you to show me in the rules you went on a rant. Who is the stupid one? Show me the rule or pipe down....

#23 · (Edited)
Last time I checked, Dave from cecil stated that they(cecil) were going to follow Sears rules. Well if you have a question for Dave or Jim address it to them and there would not be any confusion. Bring on the rust bucket any time you want. Hey bud I never went on a rant go back and read. You were in the other post also and saw what was said so I assume that it was a just you crying for your way.

#25 ·
Well considering it's the Cecil section it is pretty much addressed to them. I don't see where Dave stated they were going with John Sears rules. I'm going by the thread where the rules are posted as "2012 rules Street car shootout"

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313960

Also I am not your "bud", nor am I "crying" to get my way, quite the contrary. I asked a simple question, gave simple reasoning. You have added nothing with your interjecture as you do not have the answer nor the authority or position to give the correct answer, but that will not stop you from interjecting reiteratively. Unlike you, i have the patience to wait for the right party to respond, but individuals like yourself add a facetious factor that only the internet can provide.

#35 ·
Think? It's what the facts show...

No I got that from reading, priceless.

What I got from reading is that you cry about weight breaks and not having pistons. I will be shocked if you even go down the track in Ultra Street or even the 10.0 for that matter. Hey maybe you'll make it out for 1 race again this year Brad, perhaps by August?

#38 ·
Your story doesn't check out Brad, and you don't need to give me excuses:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426242

the only thing i need is for you to pipe down and stop interjecting into something that does not concern you, you know, since you won't be racing anyway.

Sooner or later Dave will come back from his hiatus and give an answer and hopefully add the needed verbage.

Haha, your a pole puffer, figures....

#39 ·
You can see points in 10.0 index and prodial when I was superstreet got tossed for oil leak. Never made a pass. Don't know what a pole buffer is but I am a mechanic for power co. Contractor. Hey what ever go cry to Dave and see if you can get the rules changed for you.

#41 ·
Hey what ever go cry to Dave and see if you can get the rules changed for you.

40 posts any your still fucking clueless...

Your fighting with me and you have no clue as to what i'm even asking. Maybe i need to dummy down a little for you so you can figure it out.

And i gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were a linemen aka pole puffer. But i now see you haven't asscended from the trenches. Lol, my bad...

#46 ·
im really confused about where this thread went. i thought it was a real easy question to answer from the people that are in charge. if rules clearly say 80mm and that is all it says then i say show up with any 80mm you want. rules are rules. just because someone said it in some random thread on the bullet doesnt make it a rule IMO. what about the people that arent on yb.com guess they dont have to follow the same rules as bullet members??? can i pretend i never saw said thread and run a large frame with a reducer??? just saying carry on.

#48 ·
well lets be fair it says t-80 turbo thats it. now mr sears says only mid frame. which is fine and the point of the thread but the problem is not everyone will read this then what

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.