Yellow Bullet Forums banner

10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

31K views 586 replies 42 participants last post by  Allgo 
#1 ·
Whos coming to the last one of the year?????

#66 ·
Sucks that this is the same weekend as NMCA. :(
There is a heads up race the weekend after this race at CFR!! Sponsored by a local Fab/parts shop H+W Speedshop, it is somewhat of a invite only race for street cars. No real set of rules, they just kinda look at the cars and make sure its not a glass bodied lexan window 6 second pro-mod, rarely does anyone get turned down.

Post up some pictures of your car and powerplant in this thread, wouldnt be the first time a stranger has raced it we dont discriminate!!!

#74 ·
I agree 100%, cars and entries, are cars and entries, and every track can take all they can get weather it be here at home and our tracks, or nationwide...this "economy crunch" is affecting everything, hobbies included. I've never held ill will towards any class, racing is racing, but when I start getting jumped on with childish antics like "my car was faster than yours in high school" and "what do you know?" LOL, I dont know how long you've been around th game, but if it's been for any amount of time, there's nothing I've stated that is'nt true/honest, and yet I was getting ridden with each post, so I just fired it right back.

I still, and never will hold any anomisty towards anybody, but I do admit getting a cheap thrill reading some of the stuff these guy come up with, almost takes my breath away and think "really?? you honestly think that??" LOL

Either way, good luck, hopefully the car count is good for a big purse, but slow cars should'nt be scared to come out either, which is what I was getting at in my first response at the very beginning.

#78 ·
Anybody that's going to race is going to race regardless of what one guy says, I heard plenty of rumor mill when we used to take our annual "race a new out of state track", but I'd have one picked out and that's where we went to decide for myself. So were great and some were okay, but the cheese had to be right to spark any interest.

#85 ·
Yeah I heard he got a good pass in at Byron, would be interesting to see it run at CFR though.. Last sunday at Byron my shoes were literally pulled off it was so sticky, never felt anything like that before!! Dont sound like too much of a "street" car though. Impressive

#87 ·
Went 4.73 162mph in the 1/8th @ byron lifting the o2 went bad and stopped correcting and i heard the motor rattle a little ,the air was more amazing than the track sunday my 60s were the same both weekends just bringing boost in sooner!It will go high 4. 50s on the true tens...

#92 ·
I think there's a 10.5 car coming up there from St. Louis. Can't miss it. Mustang w/ a gear-driven F3. Still working the bugs out of it, but the car has a ton of potential. He's just looking for seat time right now and can't run NMCA this weekend.

Thats great! Glad to some some different car making the trip. It will be a good time and he can run test and tune all day if he wants. Also have the all night street drags going on tomorrow too if he needs it. Wont be as good of a track then but its still seat time. Got the truck ready and gonna load the car tonight. Ran real good this morning on some test hits!

#95 ·
Wow... I need to check in here more often. Gone for a couple days and BOOM there's a 7 page sh*t talking post!

I had plans to come watch, but I managed to screw up my back two weeks ago. MRI shows 3 bulged discs. :mad: 20 minute drive to work gets uncomfortable, I don't think I can handle a 1-1/2 drive.

Hope everyone has a good time. Looking forward to hearing some results!

-Christian

#96 ·
the car from st.louis is here and a couple from min. i just left the track them boys were putting some good numbers down tomorrow should be a good one and IHI not to start any shit but I can't help but add this you kept talking about 10.5 cars breaking parts tell the truth why you stopped racing (you went through how many motors your last year about 4)

#98 ·
the car from st.louis is here and a couple from min. i just left the track them boys were putting some good numbers down tomorrow should be a good one and IHI not to start any shit but I can't help but add this you kept talking about 10.5 cars breaking parts tell the truth why you stopped racing (you went through how many motors your last year about 4)
No, I lost 2 engines per season the last 2 years, made it through the 2nd to the last year, then the next season when the 3rd/4th one blew I threw in the towel, planned on stopping for awhile finally, but then Welper dangled the keys to red rum...so I could'nt turn the opportunity down LOL. Gotta love hack assed machine shops phucking ya over..I got lucky and found 2 of them back to back...then the last engine snapped the crank which Callias admitted was a bad batch per serial number, but gave everybody the big middle finger and said tough luck, wanna buy the magnum now? :smt093 I just got real lucky in that when my shit blew up, it took EVERYTHING along with it. I ran Joe and Lynn's Mustang a few times, then that tranny lost a drum, later in the season running Weplers, I cant remember what happened but some freak thing inside the tranny shit the bed too...so maybe when I come back, the black cloud will have blown away:)

#112 ·
I am sure I have devoted as much if not more time in this sport than you, I have drag raced multiple types of vehicals, I have devoted large amounts of money not only in 1 race vehical, but 2 or more at 1 time, I have traveled all over the country racing also, u are no better or wiser then I am Jr. and I say Jr because you make this sound like your the elder here, I am sure your not older than I am, nor wiser at the game, the money you claim you have spent on drag racing I have done X2, oh and my 2 cars are also 100% streetable and are driven almost everyweekend on the streets in the summer months, I am not trying to make myself look any smarter because I do not have to. Like I said you cry about spending time and money on 1 car and the same time and balaceing a family, try 2 cars! Hopefully someday you will get into the racing game again and we can meet up, and we can see just how great you really think U are.

#117 ·
I am sure I have devoted as much if not more time in this sport than you, I have drag raced multiple types of vehicals, I have devoted large amounts of money not only in 1 race vehical, but 2 or more at 1 time, I have traveled all over the country racing also, u are no better or wiser then I am Jr. and I say Jr because you make this sound like your the elder here, I am sure your not older than I am, nor wiser at the game, the money you claim you have spent on drag racing I have done X2, oh and my 2 cars are also 100% streetable and are driven almost everyweekend on the streets in the summer months, I am not trying to make myself look any smarter because I do not have to. Like I said you cry about spending time and money on 1 car and the same time and balaceing a family, try 2 cars! Hopefully someday you will get into the racing game again and we can meet up, and we can see just how great you really think U are.
I think you 2 should get a room ,spoon and tell each other how great you use to be!Just my two cents.....:-D

#114 ·
Huh, speak of the devil, the mustang in the right lane looks like the one Jamie is a part of, which is one of the shops that fucked me over. Admittedly blasting through my already 100% cnc ported heads in 13 spots trying to hog them out to paper thin proportions and having LESS hp on his dyno than the first engine I took there to dyno.

I lost the first motor, jamie said he'd help me out with a fast turn around so I could debug before the next season, I told him I dont have a million dollars but whatever it took to make it right....well, we could'nt figure out why the car was .5 slower after he got done with it..with his "head porting" and his "cam specing", the fact when we dyno "his" design of my motor and it was initally way down on power compared to the one I took him initally....until he did a keyboard swipe and bam, all of a sudden it was making more power than the first version I had picked out...and yet, his version ran .5 slower than mine.

So, upon losing THAT engine, the one Jamie "fixed", we quickly seen why upon disassembly. Bad enough finding different length pushrods and mixed brands inside...but then when I seen the top billet cam gear I originally had purchased, and then I seen some ruddy poo, run of the mill standard iron gear on the crank for the timing set...we immediately put the degree wheel on it, and what do ya know, the cam was 10* off...hmmm, no wonder it always ran like shit- slow, and a tuning nightmare.

Sent the heads to Spiere racing heads, first phone call I got Chad asked, "not to be mean, but how did your car even run? These heads are as ruined as I've seen them, looks like somebody got carried away with porting and completely ruined everything an effeicent head is supposed to do. Sure they flowed massive peak cfm on paper, but would'nt do shit bolted on the engine. So luckily chad was able to install larger intake valves, lay back the runners, to get the heads back, we installed the PROPER timing gear set up, and bam, picked up .7 on the motor alone with no other changes other than fixing some clueless guys experiement on my parts.

Funny how small the world is huh Jamie?? Thanks again for hacking on my motor and costing me thousands in repair costs to fix your phuck ups. Glad to see your car finally get down the track vs pushed back behind the tower for a change.

#119 ·
I'd like to say thanks to my Son, Pete Llamas and Nick Finnen for performing some real magic since we brought a knife to a gun fight what with all the turbos and prochargers at CFR yesterday. The car has been wired the same way for several years, but thanks to Scotty K and the guy that was with Torrie (sorry, don't remember your name) their suggestion worked. All you guy's that we raced with are a good bunch of guys. The track personnel and track owner came by our trailer after we won the final round and thanked us for coming. We don't get that around here in Chicago. We wanted to stick around and have a few beers with you Scotty, Torrie and the rest of you, but had a 6 hour haul back home. Thanks to all for the blast we had racing. We're going to try to make it to the H&W race next weekend. We're gonna unload the Nova today and get to sharpening that knife some more. We're gonna need it. You guy's have some bad ass cars. I'm posting a link to the final round from a different vantage point than the link that was posted earlier. Thanks again, Big Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ayvIjR6pY

#128 ·
I'd like to say thanks to my Son, Pete Llamas and Nick Finnen for performing some real magic since we brought a knife to a gun fight what with all the turbos and prochargers at CFR yesterday. The car has been wired the same way for several years, but thanks to Scotty K and the guy that was with Torrie (sorry, don't remember your name) their suggestion worked. All you guy's that we raced with are a good bunch of guys. The track personnel and track owner came by our trailer after we won the final round and thanked us for coming. We don't get that around here in Chicago. We wanted to stick around and have a few beers with you Scotty, Torrie and the rest of you, but had a 6 hour haul back home. Thanks to all for the blast we had racing. We're going to try to make it to the H&W race next weekend. We're gonna unload the Nova today and get to sharpening that knife some more. We're gonna need it. You guy's have some bad ass cars. I'm posting a link to the final round from a different vantage point than the link that was posted earlier. Thanks again, Big Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ayvIjR6pY
Thanks guys! We all try to help with anything we can, Im just glad you got that car running after that long of a haul!! It sure was a interesting day, sucks about what happened to Joe's car and he did one hell of a job keeping the car mostly off the wall, and then Eric blew the trans.. but Im glad you guys came home with the win after all the work and headaches put into it..

Hopefully we can get a decent amount of cars for the H+W race this weekend, sounds like it could be one hell of a time.. I will check in with Brain and Scotty and see if they know how many cars are planning to show, sounds like both Joe and Eric are done for the year and the 2 Iowa City guys didnt want to race either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.