Yellow Bullet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Outlaws TV program on Discovery Channel

10M views 50K replies 3K participants last post by  VSAdmin 
#1 ·
New TV show focusing on the Street Racers from the OKC area..

I dont think this is going to be good for Drag Racings image as a whole..

What do you think?

#4,824 ·
When it comes to boosted applications, bradco is still behind the 8 ball. Yes his trans cooler is cool but..... When we ran the F3 procharger in 2900# car, we ran 4.20s with a NCRC.

Shawn, have you tried the soft lock for street use???
There is a difference between big and small tires. You couldnt give me a ncrc but i hear the new lockup is pretty good even small tires. Either way i wouldnt pay 6k for one either thats a bit much

#4,829 ·
#4,830 ·
I still say they should get Rich Christenson to do an episode with him starting the races. Make sure Dominator has the same chassis set up he ran in that one episode....that will do the trick. Maybe clunk him in the head with the transmission pan.

"maybe clunk him in the head with the transmission pan"

Iced tea on the lap top with that one.......kind of burns coming out of your nose.

#4,831 ·
X2!

There's alot of cars out there that have roots in illegal street racing and that no longer have a venue to compete because of "the heat" so to speak in certain areas.

The type of cars I'm talking about are serious contenders in any realm given an equal playing field, these cars are "trained warriors" so to speak and many of them sit idle in garages and shops do too the current drag on society (da lil g) which has left us with no place to play.

I see something that could actually maybe work out somewhat like ufc with, rules, legality, yet adrenaline and real back to the roots style racing, this isn't necessarily the man with the most money wins type game, which makes it cool as hell coming from an average mans point of view with a car to compete...
That's what it's all about ...generating excitement about the sport/hobby...get folks talking and those with cars in hibernation, taking them back out.....those without cars, building new ones....no real need to impress those with racecars currently running, per say (they already know what it's all about) ..win - win, type deal...

#4,833 ·
"Drag" Racing=2 men dressed up like women running down the street. LMAO
I believe you're on the wrong forum pal.....just saying
:smt081

#4,835 ·
I watch the show and like the show; but I have not seen a single "street" car yet. All I see is drag cars on trailers with big ass slicks. Its still cool to watch coupled with the fake auctions on Fast and Loud.
You missed badlass' earlier post below .... but am I hearing someone suggesting that now THREE shows be blended-together ? .... :Boobs

#4,836 · (Edited)
Did Anyone Notice The Tow Truck Lights In The Background When The Nova Broke? I Like The Show But Most Of It is Exaggerated For the Show. For Instance Scouting a Road And There Are Already Black Marks On The Road Two Feet Wide. And They Act Like Its a Stretch Of Road That They Have Never Made a Pass On.
It was a stretch of road that we had never made a pass on. Just sayin'. ;)

Have you ever unloaded a 1,500+ h/p big tired back half car on virgin concrete with nothing but experience and previous tune ups to go on when the concrete is 45*? Kinda curious to know, that's all.

g

#4,838 ·
Thought I heard the Sonoma had a 632, looked like spread port heads too, and thought I heard Shawn say the Nova was 572". What size is Doc's engine? And is it spread port headed as well?

#4,839 ·
Thought I heard the Sonoma had a 632, looked like spread port heads too, and thought I heard Shawn say the Nova was 572". What size is Doc's engine? And is it spread port headed as well?
Im pretty sure I heard something like 570 something on one of the shows, I maybe wrong .

#4,840 · (Edited)
Let me reiterate what I just said so that it's not lost on those who drink from the haterade pool.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh2fcKsngU

Watch that particular preview for one of Doc and Shawn's races.

Notice all the hoodies and jackets, folks are bundled up against the cold. Then, stop it somewhere around 40 seconds in, there's a pretty good representative overhead camera shot of the pavement. Doc and Shawn did burnouts, Shawn legged his out farther. Take a good look at that pavement and tell me if you could make a big cubed motor with a big power adder work on it. It's not as easy as the television show editors would have you believe.

They have a job to do and the race teams do too. :cool:

That is not a surface that has been raced on. That is the real deal folks. It is as intense as it comes.

You guys... the naysayers... are buying in to Hollywood's idea of what we do. If you'll listen and watch with an open mind, you'll find out that those guys really do run a sick game at a high level.

Any one of us involved with the show could pick it to pieces if we wanted to. But what the hell fun would that be! Everyone is rolling with the production side of it all and having fun with what was done! This is just a bunch of guys with some sick hardware getting down on the street trying to keep it real as it can be given the circumstances. And yeah... the emotions come race night are as realistic as I've ever seen anywhere. They aren't actors, they are racers.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.