Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Troy Coughlin testing....

17K views 93 replies 39 participants last post by  phil h 
#1 ·
5.84 @ 249......doesn't look like they slowed the turbos down much!

#44 ·
David Hance,

I stated my opinion and I really dont give a hoot if you like it or not. Troy is an "OK" driver at best. I've watched him through the years and admire
what he's doing but to say Troy is a great driver is a joke. Now with all due respect Mr Hance it really isint any of your business to inquire who I am, what
I drive or how many races I've won ,so well leave it at that. I find it very amusing that if anyone dares to disagree with you it becomes an interrogation from the FBI.

Cheers Daddio

#47 ·
Ok you stated your opinion....can you tell us what makes a driver in Pro Mod "Great" vs "Ok" ....what is the criteria ?

As for you not sharing your name or what class you run.....that is your right and i will respect your decision on that. I'm sure you have sound reasons for not wanting to put your name on your statements.

Your last sentence has no truth to it....if you've noticed I've only asked people to post their name when they make certain comments regarding other racers. Perhaps you can provide evidence to support your last sentence ??

In my opinion if one racer chooses to judge another man on his driving ability then I feel that racer should be man enough to put his name on the statement. Now if a drag racing FAN comes on here and comments on driving ability we as racers just have to accept where that is coming from.

#54 ·
Dave why are you arguing with someone with the name beetlesomething that claims hes from a trailer park..As far as troy being a good driver hes one of the best..TONY CHRISTIAN use your names
Not arguing with Beetle, just working a few things out. I've seen many other posts from Beetle and he often has good things to say and good insight...we need every drag racer we can and we can't afford to chase anybody away...

Beetle I bet you $1 dollar and 8 push-ups a Nitrous car qualifies #1 at Gainsville in 2 weeks ... ?? I would be 10 push-ups but can't get there ! lol. I got $10 bucks to gamble with so Tony C or anybody else want $1 dollar action there are $9 bucks still up for grabs !:smt071

#53 ·
I suppose we could but it may be counter productive. Guys we don't mind fun, we don't mind a little "Smack" talk, we don't care if you don't use your name...The point of this Forum and why I and many others give it many hours is for the better-ment (sp?) of Pro Door car racing. Sooo we ask...Please when making comments read them before posting and ask yourself with this / can this hurt our sport ? Will my comments "Offend" anybody ?? And if the answer is yes then we ask that you post it in the Trash section. There may be some cases where a driver, a team or a crew member does something that is just wrong or not right in the course of battle...in those cases I suggest you post your name, the offending action and we as a community can work to rectify such. The end goal here is to make PRO MOD A PROFESSINAL CLASS ! It might not happen in my lifetime but I sure can keep trying !

#60 ·
This is what makes a race car team. In any class.

Crew
Combo
Driver
Money

If you have all 4 working for you you will be at the top in every race.

If your missing just one, you WILL be at a disadvantage

#61 ·
Your last sentence has no truth to it....if you've noticed I've only asked people to post their name when they make certain comments regarding other racers. Perhaps you can provide evidence to support your last sentence ?? In my opinion if one racer chooses to judge another man on his driving ability then I feel that racer should be man enough to put his name on the statement. Now if a drag racing FAN comes on here and comments on driving ability we as racers just have to accept where that is coming from.[/QUOTE said:
Couldn't agree more. Especially in aa thread dedicated to a very specific class of car.

Me - I am just a fan with a slow ass bracket car.

So there is no way my comments on anyones driving (if I ever make one) should mean anything - but I do love watching the Pro Mods.

Steve Philpot

#62 ·
hmm why dont thay let the screws go in at 80% over and will kill every turdbo out there.. congrats jegs

#70 ·
I respect anyone who gets one these cars from point a to point b and keep it of the wall and shiny side up.

It ain't easy, more than one of the (BIG) talkers on here would crap themselves or cry during a pass.

The other part of it you got to try and cut a light, keep it in your lane and get it stopped at the end.

#72 ·
Beetleboy. Cut the shit. Give credit were credit is due. Troy would wear ur ass out in a golf cart or a P/M to your computer!!! You look like an ass talking shit about people!!!

slow down HillBilly.... What credit would you like me to give? That Troy's extremely rich and has the best of everything? We'll see how Troy performs this year. He has the best tuner, a state of the art chassis and should qualify in the top 5 at every race. Talkin Shit ? I'll say it again Troy is an OK driver. Great? No, His brother is a great driver, Dave Connolly is a great driver. Someone who can win consistently without the top performing car is a great driver.

BTW please explain how saying someone isint great talking shit? WTF planet do you live on? I guess everybodys great! Thanks for the heads up.

#73 ·
Ok guys we all said our piece and lets all move on...Quite often we forget we are ALL on the same team ! The 1st race of the brand new NHRA Pro Mod season will be here is 12 days ! I'm excited and I hope you all are too. To all the drivers who will be attending the Gainsville race...Win, lose or DNQ to me your a winner for just rolling your car out of the trailer and and attempting to qualify. Many of us wish we could do just that...

#74 ·
Cant you feel the love!

#79 ·
I am cutting and pasting what I posted on Pro Mod Zone after Penny and I returned home from the ADRL event at Ennis last October. It lets you know what I think of several racers. Steve Matusek is among them.

Most are Great Racers just for showing up and participating. I love this sport. Partly because I love the competition and partly because I love the camaraderie.

From Promodzone.com

Racers are the best people in the world
Just got home from the ADRL race at Ennis. Penny and I had a great time in spite of all the issues going to, during and coming home.

I would like to give a special thanks to some of the great people I had the pleasure of getting to know this weekend.

Johnny Pilcher

Thanks for loaning me the fuel pump gear for the crank and the belt. Going so far above and beyond as to take it off your spare motor to do so. I am touched by your help. Without you. I would not have made first round.

Steve Matusek

Thanks for the drive gear for the pump. It was a pleasure talking to you. I now know why Aeromotive makes a bad ass product. The fact that you actually WANT feedback on your product is amazing. Thanks again. I would not have made first round without your help.

The grew at Lenmar Motorsports

Thanks guys. Making a special trip to your shop (at midnight) to make the shaft hole .626 from .501 was service you just don't find elsewhere. I ow you a debt of gratitude. Without you I would not have made first round.

Jimmie Dickey

Providing the brass fitting and the CO2 when tire shake broke the fitting off my chute and lost all the CO2 was a kindness you afforded this hayseed when you didn't know me from Adam. You and your crew are special people and a reminder of one of the reasons I race.

Everybody that pitched in to help.... Earl Folse, Joe Mahana, Travis Leach, Monte Weaver, Ronnie Davis, Kieth Rafferty (and "Kieths Dad" lol) and all the others. A special thanks. You all have a special place in my heart. It was an honor running with a great group of racers.

To Tim McAmmis, Chris Bell and the ADRL crew

Thanks for putting on "The Greatest Show On Earth". You will see more of Penny and I. If you will have me.

Frank Tamez

#92 ·
Wish it was on TV this year. How we going to see what happens?
I agree! I don't get ESPN3 on the net because my internet provider is not one of the approved ones. No coverage on ESPN on TV. What is a fan to do?

Anyone clicked on the Pro Mod Challenge box on NHRA's website? Next race is Sept 2 - 5, 2011 at Indy!!! Think they've dropped it like a bad habit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.