Yellow Bullet Forums banner

enderle fuel injection -fuel line installation

8K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  tanzillathrilla 
#1 ·
i was looking at the installation of enderle birdcatcher system and mine has been done differently than what the directions say..i am wondering if this has been contributing a little bit to my tune up problems

here is my set up

-12 line to an 80-1 pump..from there i have a 3 way shutoff valve..the top of the shut off valve is a -6 line teed off with one of the return lines from the metering block that goes back to the inlet of the pump ..the right line on the 3 way shut off valve goes into the inlet side of metering block...and the 2nd return line also taps into the inlet side of the fuel pump..

so instead of my 2 return lines returning to the tank they are both returning to the inlet side of the pump...seems to me like this could be a problem..but then again i wouldnt know...i will try to get a picture of on here but i am not exactly sure how

#5 ·
...the return lines are also all -6 an....and wj...in a different post you did all my fuel flow calculations , does it make a difference if my pump is cam driven ( apparently most people have a belt driven)...turns out i was definitely wayy too fat..all my bearings were completely wiped out . took out the crank with them..but it also had other problems like no ring seal from improper installation shitty motor combo and a shitty done bore & hone job.

#6 ·
Well, depends... You need to know the flow direction of the pump with how it will be mounted.

So if it was flowed as belt drive, then the flow as cam drive will be slightly different.

For what you're doing, -6 for all lines from/to the pump are fine. -12 is also good to supply the pump.

#7 ·
you mentioned having everything flowed together..does that just tell me what i have going on, or do they also tell me in the process where i should start my tune at? ...i plan on buying an egt too..by the time i get my car out i wont have much time to get it dialed in for the points season.

#8 ·
If you have the parts flowed... Rough costs:

$60.00 pump

2.00-3.00 per nozzle or pill.

If you want them to provide you with a tune up, plan on spending another 600.00. But why the hell would you need that when you've already had myself and another on here tell you what to run???

Have the shit flowed, and pay my travel expenses for the weekend (I'm down in St. Louis) and I'll come dial it in for you.

#10 ·
i am not saying your wrong by any stretch of the imagination ..but one of the best mechanical injection guys in the state of ohio told me they almost always run 135 pill with 36 nozzles on 468's with the pump i am using..and a friend of mine with almost identical set up as me runs 37 nozzles and a 120 pill....so with that being said i dont know where to start.

#15 ·
way fat set up was .135 pill with 36 nozzles..no hi speed

should be worth mentioning for those i have not told

the motor had its fair share of problems which could be it was so rich..

pulled pan off and bearings were gone , they even took out the crank after only 12 passes!!

heads and cam were way too big ( 345 heads and 324/ 336 duration with a 112 lca)

and with an idiot engine builder my compression was only 11.5.1 at best!!

when we pulled the motor apart turns out the reason i had 70 thousandths head gaskets was because piston was popping out of the hole 7 thousandths..my hone job was inaccurate and my rings were installed wrong..which would help explain why my plugs were always covered with oil and everywhere i went my headers left black wet oil on the pavemnt....so like i said..my tune may of been decent but the motor was too fucked up to burn the alky..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.