Yellow Bullet Forums banner

8.90 index @ thompson raceway 2010

30K views 589 replies 58 participants last post by  carguy68 
#1 ·
is anyone interested- this will be shakedown rules - limited rules and regulations

this will be held at ASPHALT WARS on sat

#2 ·
Rules need to be simple.
1 Street appearing car.
2 No bracket electonics
3 Run the number, 8.90

Here are E Towns Street Appearing rules. Don't worry about tire size, mufflers. registration, just race if you are street appearing.

Per E Town rules.

BODY/INTERIOR

1. [*]Full-bodied factory rear wheel drive street type cars
    [*]A ribbon-type window net SFI Spec 27.1 is mandatory on full bodied cars that are required to have a roll cage
    [*]Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean and professionally done)
    [*]No car will be permitted to go faster than the Chassis is certified for by the NHRA
    [*]Must have door panels
    [*]Racecar lettering on windows only (Sponsor Logos permitted)
    [*]Height on hood scoop to be a maximum 9 inches
    [*]No one-piece fiberglass front ends
    [*]Back half or stock suspension permitted
    [*]Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
    [*]Must have stock style front suspension
    [*]No full round or square tube chassis cars
    [*]On board fire extinguisher is permitted and recommended
ELECTRONICS​

1. [*]Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
    [*]Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
NHRA RULEBOOK:​

1. [*]Delay boxes/Devices 8.2 under prohibited
    [*]8.7 switches
    [*]9.1 computer

#132 ·
Rules need to be simple.
1 Street appearing car.
2 No bracket electonics
3 Run the number, 8.90

Here are E Towns Street Appearing rules. Don't worry about tire size, mufflers. registration, just race if you are street appearing.

Per E Town rules.

BODY/INTERIOR

1. [*]Full-bodied factory rear wheel drive street type cars
    [*]A ribbon-type window net SFI Spec 27.1 is mandatory on full bodied cars that are required to have a roll cage
    [*]Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean and professionally done)
    [*]No car will be permitted to go faster than the Chassis is certified for by the NHRA
    [*]Must have door panels
    [*]Racecar lettering on windows only (Sponsor Logos permitted)
    [*]Height on hood scoop to be a maximum 9 inches
    [*]No one-piece fiberglass front ends
    [*]Back half or stock suspension permitted
    [*]Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
    [*]Must have stock style front suspension
    [*]No full round or square tube chassis cars
    [*]On board fire extinguisher is permitted and recommended
ELECTRONICS​

1. [*]Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
    [*]Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
NHRA RULEBOOK:​

1. [*]Delay boxes/Devices 8.2 under prohibited
    [*]8.7 switches
    [*]9.1 computer

These rules are alot less restrictive than Norwalks. I wish they would adopt these rules even though my car fits Norwalks rules. I think with these rules Thompson might have a better turn out and more competitive of a class.

#3 ·
I would like to race this class but if you don't allow 1 pc. front ends I guess I'm out. My car will have working head lights, turn signals, factory grill. It will look like a street car cause I plan on driving the car on the street, so if that one thing changes plan on me racing the class. If not I'll still come out and watch I love going to Thompson to race or watch good luck putting the class together.

#4 ·
The one piece front end is subjective and just something in the ETown rules. Designed to eliminate bracket cars, I'd be fine with this if the rest of the car is street appearing (lights, interior etc). If the car looks like a street car going down the track, let em race.

#13 ·
The only way you will be able to tell its a 1 pc. front is it won't have the seam where the nose meets the fender like on a stock bodied car. That would be great if I'm allowed to run my cars always seemed to 60' as good if not better at Thompson than every other track and the people there seem to be real friendly ( track personel/ racers). Like I said the car will be street driven on occasion so the car will have everything reinstalled on the 1 pc. nose that is required to be legal on the street. I'm hoping to have Chris Klink at Ultra Tech Racecars install the front end after the holidays and when I do I'll post pics, anyone that is familiar with his work knows the car will be done right. Thanks Viperakron for making an exception I'm sure its been aggravating having a street car that can run the number for the Norwalk S/A and not being able to race because of some bs rules.

#12 ·
This coming from a guy who can't go one round in .90 Index Race at Norwalk.......We'll show up for shits & giggles anyways we fit the rules to a T! I will guarantee you one thing though, this little SB on spray will outrun that BB you have on spray any day........Care to setup a little grudge race next year to settle it and see.......what's the bet $1000.00 or shall I throw more out there to make it worth it for ya.

#23 ·
It's usually 2-3 hundredths fast for most people. When its cool out it really has teeth so it probably was a combination of both. I race there ever week and i hope this works for Jim and the track. I love watching the asphault wars when they are there.

#26 ·
my car is almost the same 60ft at both tracks 1/8th is same and the 1/4 is the same! but i will tell you what thompson is the only place i can go on whipped out 10.5 slicks and bumper it! thats a proven fact! not dogging out nrp because i consider it my home track and its awsome! but i dont think the prep is what it was 2yrs ago! still a great starting line! but i think for being a much lower funded facility thompson does a better job! i think that we talk to jim curtis advertise the first 8.90 index race at asphault wars and we can make it a gamblers race $25 to enter on top of your general admission and winner takes all! just to see if it flys! and if not enough people show up than you get to run the bracket class that day! im sure jim would consider that atleast!

#28 ·
anyone serious about trying to get this class off the ground pm viperakron if you do not get any response from people than these people should not post and complain about not getting in to chaos! im done complaining about norwalk its over! but im willing to purchase a nos kit and run at thompson if the class gets going! my car run 9.60s on motor! i would still run that class even on motor if i had to! 930s or better would make you competative! if you look up the reaction times of norwalks chaos theres plenty left on the table if you can cut a light! viperakron count me in! im even willing to work on getting some kind of sponsorship after the first race if we think it might fly!

#29 ·
Denn468 ihave been racing at thompson for eleven years, ihave run at norwalk on ocassion iused to run outlaw street, 3 years ago, i had a blue 69 camaro that looked identical to Bill Langas 10,5 69 camaro, my car ran mid to high eights on motor, ran exactly the same at thompson, i remember when Bader, asked Jim Curtis his secrets for ideas on track prep, i will ask my freind, who owns arace motor shop , to help with some sponsoring, it would be great to get that class at thonpson up and running.

#35 ·
Denn468 ihave been racing at thompson for eleven years, ihave run at norwalk on ocassion iused to run outlaw street, 3 years ago, i had a blue 69 camaro that looked identical to Bill Langas 10,5 69 camaro, my car ran mid to high eights on motor, ran exactly the same at thompson, i remember when Bader, asked Jim Curtis his secrets for ideas on track prep, i will ask my freind, who owns arace motor shop , to help with some sponsoring, it would be great to get that class at thonpson up and running.
i talked to my buddy chris klink @ ulta-tech race cars in streetsboro,and he said he would be glad to try and work out a sponsorship deal if the class gets off the ground!

#31 ·
Thats a great idea about starting out with a gamblers race. I don't know if the lights are different or not at the 60' but I'm usually 2 hundreths faster there. I didn't race Norwalk at all last year so I can't comment on the prep there but I heard from someone that the prep they were using at the end of the year is for warm weather not cold weather. Is there such a thing as different VHT for different times of the year.

#37 ·
from the looks of the amount of people willing to respond or race 8.90 index you will barely get ten cars to show up! i bet if there was a 9.50 or 9.90 index you would get more response! i think there are alot of cars in the nines that are not willing to squeeze the car to make it an 8.90 car! im still going to try and push for the first gamblers index race there, if it dont work out than it dont work out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.