Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Pro-Systems SV1 carb lets see some pics!!!

80K views 199 replies 85 participants last post by  NoLiftShift 
#1 ·
What the title says!!!! LETS SEE THOSE PICS!!! :)

#39 · (Edited)
Sorry have not been back in awhile....to answer your questions folks,

Most SV1's are $1150-$1350.00

The Mach series spacers show you a little more power. As they clean up the transition from circle to a square. About 3-6 real h.p. Not much to clean up really.

Kirt70camaro its cool you know the car. I bet with a small block it was great.

I had the car completely re-backhalfed about a month after I got it as when we got it it was a big block car instead of a small block car when your buddy raced it and it was track temperamental with the big block and the lighter four link setup.

We decided to go right through it from square one. We re-backhalfed the car and put a new engine, tranny, big fuel system, computer data acq., air shifter etc.... and set it up with a combo we knew worked.

We had the chassis shop really overbuild it with some big stuff and an anti roll bar and then they redid the whole setup with spring loaded wheelie bars as well. The cage that came with it is really great stuff though so they left that alone.

The car really drives like a cadillac now, from the drivers seat it feels like the front wheels are out there 30 feet... you can really control the car now.

It has a pretty cool stance from the back now too.

I'm old school and grew up with these cars....so to me these are my era of F body cars. I have an 89 Trans Am too thats just a gem with a 383 in it, a Ford nine inch, computer data acq... and all the usual stuff as a test car too. These years seem to be the best years of Firebirds for ease of maintenance too. But everyone has a fave.

Thanks for the kind words on the car too 69RS. This car has been good to me. A very reliable piece.

Patrick James
PRO SYSTEMS

#43 ·
We are about 8 days out on builds right now.

I have a customer with the big 115mm blade and it clears with no spacer on the Gemini Twin and obviously no spacer required on the Halo or the Zex.

On anything with a central bar you will need around a 1.5" spacer with a 110mmm blade and 1.75" for the 115mm blade.

Back on track of the thread: Photo of Rolf Berglund's 565 Reher Morrison. Car runs 8.51 with his SV1 a tenth faster than his four barrel.

Thanks.

Patrick James
PRO SYSTEMS

#48 ·
Hi Guys,

Snowed in today..so figured I would stop in.

For a 632 we usually build them in the 1360-1600 cfm range BUT it varies with the weight of the car, converter, cyl head type etc... If you would, just fill out an online quote form off our website and I can get closer.

As far as the blow thru deal. There may not be any issues at all with the design. We just need to spend time dialing them in...time that Steve does not have and time I have not spent on the blow thru deal.

I sent two SV1s to Steve Morris for a 2200 h.p. deal when they first came out with a generic blow thru guess of a tune up. They idled and rolled in much cleaner than anything else...but the fuel curve needed work. They would move tons of fuel thats for sure.

They make lots of signal though and we bleed it off and use it to further improve atomization.

Our 1400 cfm SV1 typically uses 5 stages of emulsion, a 96 jet and a big .040 hi speed air bleed.

Most similar four barrels use a 100 to 102 jet and a 28 hi speed bleed.

But you gotta learn what it wants. It was no different than when I built the first one for a naturally aspirated engine. It took about 10 days on the dyno and there was just a mountain of booster and metering blocks we tried with various port configurations that we tested with to figure out what it wanted...we found it and then off it went.

It'll be the same way on the blow thru deal...you'll need to dedicate a week or two in a row on the dyno developing it and its ranges to get a feel for its needs and then once you get a baseline....off you'll go with various tune ups for various combos.

Its a project that needs to get done, but we need to find the time to do it and justify wearing out an engine to do the job.

So if you sell three of them...you wasted your development money.

Our R and D focus for the SV1 has been on the Naturally Aspirated and Nitrous contingent as most of the folks that use carbs are in those classes.

But you're right, the same theories do apply, it could be a hell of a blow thru carb.

Thanks.

Back on track for the thread: Joey Villeneuve picked up a tenth and 2 mph with his SV1

Patrick James
PRO SYSTEMS

#49 ·
Can't wait to try the SV-1 on our Nitrous BB! Going to be pretty interesting with our manifold of choice!

#59 ·
Hi Johnny,

Its always best and nice to talk to folks for a bit on a project. Especially if the project is in the development stage so we can head off any bad directions etc...before folks spend hard earned money.

Speaking of hard earned money, we are considering a smaller version BUT I think people will have a tough time justifying $1150.00 or more for the 500-550 h.p. range engines. If we get enough call we'll do it for sure.

But the LS engines love the SV1's. They seem to be an excellent combination. You can take a truck LS engine right out of the junkyard, put a cam in it and an SV1 and run 10's in a 3200 lb car.

The SV1 is about 3 tenths faster than my own 4150. Surprised me too. I thought it would be too big.

On the subject of these engine shots....some of these guys engines and engine compartments are just crazy aren't they...wow! There are a few that would be great wall posters for in our shop.

Heres one fresh off the dyno. Its a 582 low compression street engine built by Midwest Engine Tech and made 792 real h.p. It was originally going to be stealthy and be in a stock looking car...but as you can see things go out of hand.

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Michael will be asked to approve all tags before others can see them.

Patrick James
PRO SYSTEMS

#63 ·

Felice Automotive ran their first SV1 a couple weeks ago. This is a very mild 632 for a Mud Bog truck. They had the customers custom built four barrel all dialed in and then installed the SV1 "out of the box" and gained 23 h.p. and 31 lbs of torque. Both carbs were in the 1200 cfm range. 872 h.p. with the 4 barrel and 895 h.p. for the SV1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.