September 17th - TRP - RENEGADE RACING

28K views 533 replies 54 participants last post by  jonesy1 
#1 ·
Al Matuska "Blaze" Quoted from the News Thread

Everybody sing

Oh what a night....
Late September back at TRP.....
Was a shitty time for me...

Great show of cars... great show (got to watch the whole thing) and killer track

#2 ·
One heck of a crazy day/night at the track...congrats to all the winners...thanks to all the competitors and fans that attended this action packed event. I will post the official results in the morning but as for now my ass is dead and heading for bed...

#3 ·
i want to thank everybody that came to my aid and helped after i crashed!! in 11 years of driving that car its made some weird moves but never that violent. i wish i could see a video if anyone had one to see if i just plan overdrove it! if i did i apolige for putting anyone at risk it felt like something broke i just dunno but il keep yas posted when i ter it down.

#7 ·
Very glad to hear that you are alright John. From the starting line, that looked like a very hard hit. I'm sure your going to have some belt bruising and be pretty sore in a day or two. Let us know what you will need to get the car back together. On a lighter note, Boy it sucks not to make the cut. I guess on my second pass, my car wanted to head to the refreshment stand for some of those onion rings a little early.

#4 ·
Glad you weren't seriously injured, that looked like a really hard hit!:( Hopefully someone got that pass on video so you can maybe understand what happened...

Bob

#6 ·
Congratulations to all :) what a freaken great show. Gary Moore ----- al Mutuska and I would like to send out a special thanks :) October 8 will be a great day top 5 guys are still very close and anyone of us can win this :)

Tom- crystal - old man Hyatt & Charlie good job also and to the rest of you who hell put this on awsome

#16 ·
I helped with getting Johns car loaded up looks pretty bad front sub frame is shot. and will need a front clip. Lets all see what we can find to help him out ! I got a hood he can have. and fornt rims + tires. 70 to camaro/ firebird stuff will fit. John you have a pm.

#23 ·
Thank you, it's guys coming together to help each other out in their times of need that make a difference.

as soon as John decides the direction of his car, we have already found John several people willing to give him a hand and get him rebuilt. Mike Brown Customs gave John the heads up of a firebird he has that will help in the rebuild. We will do our best to coordinate the rebuild.

#17 ·
Aka punkass. John glad your ok man that was bad I hope u are able to rebuild if you need anything ask we all will do what we can even if its just labor :)

#20 ·
Hey John, Glad that you are ok! The incident happened right infront of me and my boys and I hate to say it, but it was also the very same spot and lane, where there was a oildown earlier, with a lengthy cleanup. There was still oildry on the side of the track, (even though they blew it towards the retaining wall) outside of the groove. I am not saying that was the cause but it was there. Who knows....

#22 ·
So where do you begin to recap such an epic day of racing...

RENEGADE 10.50...

We had 25 cars vying for 16 spots and when the smoke cleared we had our one and only Mopar, owned by Gene Adamic, in the TI Dyno #1 qualifying spot with a 10.51. Qualifying was extremely tight and filled with many new racers. Semi-Finalists were Chris Hyatt in his stick shifted Chevy II, and Ray Tumbry and his Yenko tribute Nova. The finals came down to two veteran racers, who were both on top of their game today, Ed Domniak with his big block Chevy powered Nickey inspired 1969 Camaro taking the victory over the hemi-powered 1975 Plymouth Duster of Gene Adamic. Ed will also be claiming the Ashtabularacing.com Assassin Cash, as well as E-Z Plate systems winner money for running the E-Z Plate system.

10.50 Bonus Race...

We had a bonus race for the cars that didn't crack the top 16 spots. Runner-up was first time RENEGADE racer, Mike Carroll in his 1968 Camaro. Jim Loveland in his 1990 Chevy S10 claimed the victory in an exciting double breakout match-up.

Shearer-Fab 8.90...

The Shearer-Fab 8.90 racers came out in full force today with 22 cars vying for 16 spots. The Chumley Motorsports #1 Qualifier was the one and only "Chico" in his 1963 Chevy II his our best qualifying pass of the year with an 8.901!!!!! The remainder of the qualifying filled with surprises and a few of our points contenders did not make our 16 car field. Semi-Finalists were Bob Getsy in his stick shift equipped 1957 Chevy and Gary Moore in his nitrous fed 1965 Ford Mustang. The much anticipated finals between Koolray Litz in his turbo-charged 2000 Pontiac Firebird and Jimmy Getsy in his 1964 big block nitrous-fed Chevy Corvette, wasn't to be after all due to Koolrayz cars inability to start in the lanes. Jimmy Getsy ran it out on a single pass with a fine 8.93 to claim the victory. Jimmy also claimed the Ashtabularacing.com Assassin cash for beating the one and only "Chico".

Street Lethal Performance Outlaw Limited Street...

We were blessed with a strong showing of these wild and often unpredictable machines, and after the qualifying dust settled, Keith Sletvold 2002 Mustang took home the Ultratech Racecars #1 Qualifying Award. In his first appearance, Mike Barran and his drag radial 1985 Camaro, was our semi-finalist. The finals came down to Chevy vs Ford, Turbo vs Nitrous, and this time the nitrous-fed 1982 Camaro Z28 of Don Turner out-paced the turbo-charged 2002 Ford Mustang of Keith Sletvold. The crowd and several of the Asphalt Wars drivers and crew members really enjoyed watching these cars make their way down the track.

We would like to thank Thompson Raceway Park and it's crew for providing us with great track surface, and accomodating us.

Special thanks goes out to Thompson's emergency staff who was quickly on the scene of John Cron's accident. John if you need anything we are here to help you, our RENEGADE family will do it's best to help you out in anyway we can. Our prayers are with you, and we are thankful you came out of the mishap ok.

Thank you to all the sponsors, and all the volunteers who helped out on raceday, we received tons of incredible feedback from the fans and racers alike for putting on a good show.

We will be back in action October 8th to decide the 8.90 points Champion, don't miss it!!!

#26 ·
sorry to see your mishap Jon, glad to see your ok. I had a good time as well spending Friday night at the fire and hangin with the guys, Walker I don't know how you were even able to race on Saturday but its all the fun everybody had around the fire, it was good see everyone, I said on the microphone you have one of the most deadliest 10.50 cars I've ever seen. Nice also meeting you Leavensteven its nice to be able to put a screen name and face together, good job to the winners and runner ups, again it was good to see everyone and we'll see ya for the October race

#28 ·
It was nice meeting you Leavinsteven....64 chevelles rule!!! Ok, we may need to let the 65's in as Al's 65 is badass :) It was nice to meet a bunch of new guys. It was an awesome day. I had to bail a little early as i had my 10 year old son and he wasn't being patient...must get it from his mother.....huge turnout and everyone was fast. I had a tough time in the camaro in 10.50...ran an 11.21 in the first round as my tranny was slipping....evidently a tranny leak crept up on me. Fixed for the second round but ran a 10.33. Oh well. It's amazing to me how deadly some of you guys are....maybe I need to practice more :) It was nice to be able to get back in time to see 8.90 and OLS. Has anyone every video taped the entire show? It would be cool to even see the guys running in your class. Thanks Tom and Renegade for an awesome day.....will be there on Oct 8th.....

#31 ·
64'sRule for sure! Nice talking to you also.! Cant wait to have two 64's out there next year! Jeff thanks for the parts! Gonna miss that 69 Chevelle of yours next year, it is one of my Favorite cars and was the inspiration for my build thread! You are truly a class act! Make plans to race with us next year, once or twice???? Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.