Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Kevin Neal

8K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  USAmade 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Kevin Neal gets lucky on this one!! Turns in a 5.62 in the finals. But a string of low .90's and high .80's!! Great job Kevin!! My god Perez had the monster tune up in that thing!!! Phuckin back fired then BAM up in the air at about 120 ft or so!!!

#4 ·
X2 on that Kyle !!! I hear that they had in stageing lane inspection. lol gotta love the haters..Some 1 gets their combo running good and the cheater card gets played .Kevin works his ass off on his combo and is always trying to make it better glad its paying off!!!!:Kneel

#5 ·
Always feels good to say, "go ahead and look all ya want, its LEGAL!" then go put em all on the trailer.

#10 ·
That's pretty much how it went, it was nice that they made EVERYONE take they're hoods off. Not sure it was all about my car, someone said they're was a car with 3 stages installed and maybe they weren't all capped off properly.

#7 ·
I will say this some still have'nt figured out that a non conventional head is at a disadvantage when everyone puts 100lb+ on the non conv. stuff when it should only be 50 or no difference. Not taking away from Kevin cuz he for sure is using all the tools. But BB conv. head is the way to fly these days with the rules set the way they are.

Does anyone happen to know what the weight hit is or was for this race for non conv. head BB? 100? 150? Just curious?

#8 ·
Better go talk to some good engine builders about that. The best non conv head will out run the best conv head with the 100 pounds. I just went down that road, but the new conv will run right with the old 18 degree stuff.

#14 ·
One final question if BB non conv is such an advantage with 150lb hit then why are'nt more building them?? Furthermore why are'nt they even close to you??? I mean if there is a 200hp advantage sprayin or boost???

#15 · (Edited)
My heads are bmf 385's from 2005. BES polished them to remove the roughness that the cnc mill made but other that that they are untouched (it only picked up 10hp when they did that and changed to a stiffer set of pushrods). They flow somewhere around 440 according to the ads, but mine have never been on a bench so who would know?? The best number it ever made on the pump was 1013, it is a good motor, with VERY good machine work and assembly but it ain't special.

A nitrous motor IS an n/a motor, only atmospheric pressure is there to push the mixture into the cylinder's, the better the head the more power it'll make, period. You won't see any nitrous promods, or nitrous ODR cars running a 24deg standard port layout head, why do you think that is?

To say that the non-conventional stuff is not close you me is just silly, Leon and Kevin Rowe's car is the fastest nitrous car at OVOS true street. They went 4.97 with the thor headed motor and Gus's best at OV is a 4.99?? The reason the conventional head is so popular is because x275 is popular and that is the only legal head. Justin is switching to be x275 legal. And his old 18deg stuff is now in Jack Vanover's prostreet car and runs low 4.70's on one gun (monty smith even bragged on it in some of his posts) The fastest conv headed car in that class runs 4.80's (200lbs lighter)...go figure??

BTW, why to do care? you going to quit racing 8.5?

#19 ·
My heads are bmf 385's from 2005. BES polished them to remove the roughness that the cnc mill made but other that that they are untouched (it only picked up 10hp when they did that and changed to a stiffer set of pushrods). They flow somewhere around 440 according to the ads, but mine have never been on a bench so who would know?? The best number it ever made on the pump was 1013, it is a good motor, with VERY good machine work and assembly but it ain't special.

A nitrous motor IS an n/a motor, only atmospheric pressure is there to push the mixture into the cylinder's, the better the head the more power it'll make, period. You won't see any nitrous promods, or nitrous ODR cars running a 24deg standard port layout head, why do you think that is?

To say that the non-conventional stuff is not close you me is just silly, Leon and Kevin Rowe's car is the fastest nitrous car at OVOS true street. They went 4.97 with the thor headed motor and Gus's best at OV is a 4.99?? The reason the conventional head is so popular is because x275 is popular and that is the only legal head. Justin is switching to be x275 legal. And his old 18deg stuff is now in Jack Vanover's prostreet car and runs low 4.70's on one gun (monty smith even bragged on it in some of his posts) The fastest conv headed car in that class runs 4.80's (200lbs lighter)...go figure??

BTW, why to do care? you going to quit racing 8.5?
There you go again Kevin talking about big tire stuff when I'm not!! YES Kevin in the big tire stuff where ever inch of everything counts YES there is a big difference. And last time I checked a N20 engine is not a NA engine, the cams are much different, ofcoarse. Along with the designed pistons and compression.

Ofcoarse the more you spray the more the head difference is got to show. But that clear cut difference is on big tires not small tires. When you have the tire you can smash it! 2 kits 3-4 kits big time N20!

I see what you are sayin on the X275 thing but that is not the only class where conventional heads are so popular. And the opurtune time for you to come out and tell me just how crappy your heads are and how fast Jack's car is when you been just as quick! LOL!

I will not argue with you about the rules I have no dog in the fight. I said I do not take anything away from you, you have it figured out and I do not.

Good job Kevin.

#16 ·
Also, I'm not trying to start anything here, just don't understand why you have decided to take up bitching about rules in classes other than 8.5

Also just looked at the PURS rules, I didn't realize it, but there is no penalty for a non-conventional head on a nitrous big block. There must not have been any there, cause if there were, they would own the class.

#18 ·
You know about the second kit under the intake?

#20 ·
Kevin I have no beef with you or the rules I do not have a car ready for anything at the moment. But hey you are right have no bissness rally for rules that I don't run in. But I know what I know and Conventional Heads are better than ever. You are a BMF. My post is not against you.

#31 ·
Bump for a 4.73 and still going......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.